1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Consider this Keyword stuffing?

Discussion in 'Google' started by LinkMasterFlash, Jan 15, 2009.

Ok, say I have a website about "Widgets"... and I want to rank for Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, etc:

Would this be keyword stuffing if I said:

On this site, you will find info on: Blue Widgets, Red Widgets, White, Widgets, Green Widgets, Yellow Widgets, Maroon Widgets, Purple Widgets, Pink Widgets, Orange Widgets, Black Widgets, and Silver Widgets.

Or to be safe, should I put:

On this site, you'll find info on Blue, Red, White, Green, Yellow, Maroon, Purple, Pink, Orange, Black, & Silver Widgets

Anyone have any experience in this???

Thanks!

LinkMasterFlash, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    On its own it may not be considered keyword stuffing. If you mention widgets many times throughout the page as well, then overall it probably would be keyword stuffing. Even if it isn't keyword stuffing it is not very good readable text for your visitors. That should be more important. Also you wouldn't want that main page to target 'blue widgets'. You would want a page dedicated to blue widgets to target such phrases.

vansterdam, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  3. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, the thing is, the homepage will have the link juice

LinkMasterFlash, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. Capistrano

Capistrano Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope my response won't be considered off topic but as a writer I would solve Google's problem more or less as follows:

Many people do not know there is a huge difference in quality between Blue Widgets, Red Widgets and White Widgets. Do you know how fast Green Widgets will fracture in the summer heat as opposed to Yellow Widgets, Maroon Widgets or even the very rare Purple Widgets? Another interesting fact that most widget fans are not aware of is that if you cross a Pink Widget with an Orange Widget or a Black Widget, either one, you still end up with a Silver Widget and nobody knows why! (etc. etc. etc.)

Eh. It's a B+. I can do better when I get paid (hopefully :rolleyes: )

Capistrano, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  5. Catherine Hudson

Catherine Hudson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think that would be a bit much. But there is a way you can get all of those on your page without being overly spammy. Just include them in your sidebar as navigation, then make a page about each one and link to it. That way each phrase will appear on the main page with the link juice, but it's more likely that each page would rank better for its own phrase than the main page.

It's not easy to optimize a single page to rank for so many phrases, anyway. It's better to focus on just one or two, and then have another page for each of the other phrases.

Catherine Hudson, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  6. rellek04

rellek04 Guest

Best Answers:
    Great info!

Easy reading content with keywords placed appropriately will also convert better in my limited experience.

Wade

rellek04, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it would be regarded stuffing.

People used to think that there was some magic 'keyword percentage' you could go up to, but of course there isn't.

It's a dynamic process based on the statistical analysis of the data they have (i.e. most of the web).

If you fall outside the deviations, they'll regard it as stuffing. That way, they don't have to keep tweaking the percentage - it's automatic.

Basically, if it LOOKS stuffed to a human (and yours does) most search engines will also regard it as stuffed.

contentboss, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  8. opmax-thailand

opmax-thailand Peon

Best Answers:
    some websites still rank high with keyword stuffing, look at this one and scroll down: http://www.domoticom.nl/ - They rank high for their VOIP products in the Dutch Google.

So I don't agree with the fact that keyword stuffing is calculated but is reviewed by Google's staff manually and removed from the index if they don't like it.

opmax-thailand, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  9. jolalala

jolalala Guest

Best Answers:
    That's not keyword stuffing.

jolalala, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  10. yutonggu

yutonggu Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't thing it matters to googlebot. I would go for the first one.

yutonggu, Jan 17, 2009 IP