1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bought a domain but seeing parked page

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by pipes, Jan 17, 2009.

I purchased a .info through godaddy yesterday, i changed the nameservers to one of my hosting accounts, ive just uploaded a script to the directory where il be using this domain, part of the script installation tells me to visit the url to proceed with installation, but when i do it shows a parked page.

I would expect to see an error message or nothing at all, but not a parked page.

Any ideas?

Edit: Ive changed the nameservers only within the last few hours, could there be a delay causing me to see this parked page?

pipes, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. xxdomainxx

xxdomainxx Banned

Best Answers:
    Nameserver resolution takes about 24-48 hours
    Its perfectly normal.Dont worry

xxdomainxx, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, you have put my mind at rest :) when i first saw the parked page i thought what the hells going on, lol

pipes, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. godinu

godinu Peon

Best Answers:
    also hit shift+reload/refresh in your browser to make sure you get the most up to date status of the page.

godinu, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  5. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Yes, you are seeing Godaddy's parking page. You will need to wait a lot more than a few hours for the nameservers to resolve. About 24hrs or so.

htmlindex, Jan 17, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks godinu, i didn't know about that.

Thanks htmlindex, i just checked a few mins ago (next day) and i no longer see the parked page and now see the installation page that i was hoping for at the beginning.

From now on with a new domain and changing nameservers il wait at least a couple of days before attempting to setup a site on one.

pipes, Jan 18, 2009 IP