1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Position For Ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by 45-SN, Jan 16, 2009.

Just a short back story for my website. I made it for, which you'll probably guess by the name, people that don't have a lot of time to read news. Anyways, my websites been up for a couple weeks now and I really don't think my ad positioning is good because I've had only 1 ad click. I know most of you are going to say put it in between the posts but I still want my website to look clean and not like those other websites I see that look really sloppy when there is ads in between each post.

http://www.45secondnews.com

So any good ideas on where to place ads?

45-SN, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. yutonggu

yutonggu Peon

Best Answers:
    My recommendation would be changing your vertical ad into the big rectangle ad. People like the big rectangle ad and it will look better for your website.

yutonggu, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  3. sanjeewamad

sanjeewamad Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best position is the rectangular ads placing just above your post or at the beginning of the post.
    That would be better served for you.

sanjeewamad, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  4. jesi

jesi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not to put post wise, but place the ads on a side or top leader board position

jesi, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  5. MackDaddy

MackDaddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Best position is the rectangle inside your posts.

If you want to keep the home page clean, just don't display Adsense on your homepage (but do so on all the individual post pages)

MackDaddy, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  6. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the other who said that the best position of Google Adsense is on top of your blog post. By the way, I hate to say this but ugly blogs make more money from Adsense. These blogs use the maximum space allowable, and don't mind if they are distracting their readers as long as the content is useful.

Besides, it depends on the amount of traffic you have and where they came from. A good CTR is 3% or 3 ad clicks per 100 pageviews, and high search engine traffic is better. Social readers don't click ads, as they love reading better and leaving comments. You don't click ads from other blogs, do you?

Just my 2 cents.

GuardianAngel, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Remove the bottom ads, put it either before the post or top leader board
    Besides, try to use blue colour title

lifeplayer, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  8. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Your web site looks very good and I think your ads are positioned in the best place. However, I can say from experience that it's not the kind of site that will do well with Adsense. Since your news posts will cover a broad variety of topics, Google will present Adsense ads that cover a variety of topics but not necessarily related to your news posts. Therefore, your visitors will rarely see ads that are of interest to them -- and will not click.

If your posts were excerpts and had "read more" links to standalone pages containing those full posts, your ads would have a better chance of relating to the topic of those posts. However, I know you can't do that because the whole purpose of your site is to provide quick news items on the front page.

Maybe you would do better by promoting some affiliate products or services that relate to the the interests of the kind of visitors you have coming to your site.

stackman, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  9. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use Larger Rectangles on Header! to gain more revenue

jezzz, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  10. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to be both attractive to visitors and very clickable. Like someone said above, to make more money you will need more ads, bigger surface area that will probably detract from the look of your site. As long as your content is good, visitors shouldn't mind. Don't forget although we try to make our sites look nice, just about every one of us here are in this to make money.

johniman7, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  11. 45-SN

45-SN Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I just decided to put some text link ads at the top and two to the side. I think it looks pretty good.

45-SN, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  12. kashifmahmood

kashifmahmood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You already have your right sidebar completely covered with vertical ad units.

How old is your site ?
    How long it has been since you placed ads ?
    How much daily Page Views you get ?
    What are your major traffic sources ?

CTR is very much dependent on placement as well as ad relevancy. Newly placed adsense ads take some time to deliver ads that are relevant to your content.

Ask your self whether you would click a food related ad on a site that only talks about softwares ??

Give your ads some time and focus on writing quality content and gaining traffic. Earnings will increase on the way.

kashifmahmood, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  13. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to play with colors. A brighter colors normally catches more attention.

mdamin76, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  14. sivascute

sivascute Peon

Best Answers:
    valuable forums thanks

sivascute, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  15. bille

bille Peon

Best Answers:
    bille, Jan 18, 2009 IP