1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is reciprocal link exchange bad ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by evolveforever, Jan 16, 2009.

I just want to know whether doing reciprocal link exchanges will make your blog banned from google or is it just that it will not be of so much importance to google SERP ?

evolveforever, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are doing lots of reciprocal linking between the sites you own your rankings may go down. moreover, reciprocal links are of not much importance now. but if they are done from websites with similar or related themes or topics then it can help.

shailendra, Jan 16, 2009 IP
    kks_krishna likes this.
  3. osmasters

osmasters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i agree with shailendra.

Dont exchange your link to any sites only for seo, it should give some user traffic also then google will not banned your site.

osmasters, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  4. Lyzaaaa

Lyzaaaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you'll be banned but your page can loose some weight in Google
    So the less reciprocal links the better

Lyzaaaa, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  5. arramuse

arramuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    make Link Out on Ur Front page is more less than Links In..

here tips :

Put on the sub-page link.. :)

arramuse, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  6. interval

interval Peon

Best Answers:
    In theory, any link pointing your site is a positive vote for your site, that means the site that contains your link appreciates your site and invites people to visit it to learn something new. But to be considered by Google the inbound links must be created in natural way: I like your site and I appreciate it, then I post a link to it.

Reciprocal links are not natural. Reciprocal linking supposes a previous agreement: I send a link to your site if you send a link to mine. This is the reason for, if reciprocal linking is detected, Google ignores or does not count it very much. If both sites engaged in reciprocal linking have similar or related themes, then Google counts those links, but at minimum level.

There are to problems to be detailed here.

1. If reciprocal linking do not help your PR very much, if the partner site has a good traffic, you may hope to receive a bit of its traffic.

2. If your partner site is banned or penalised by Google, you're in danger to be banned or penalised too. This kind of sites are named 'bad neighbors' and should be excepted from reciprocal linking.

interval, Jan 16, 2009 IP
    kks_krishna likes this.
  7. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    google don't like link exchange.

gr8webseller, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  8. FightRice

FightRice Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't necessarily call them bad as I would call it of not much value.

Try to do the reciprocal link swap within context of articles

FightRice, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  9. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think looking for link exchanges would be worth the time.

I see it as a way for your visitors to leave your site.

river, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  10. Gytis B.

Gytis B. Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that reciprocal links is very healthy to your site too. There are few reasons for my opinion: site with lots of links doesn't looks very nice for users; links from your site could be bad for your page rank; there are lot's of ways to get one way links.

If you want to add reciprocal links from web directories - it is really worthless, if you want to exchange links with another sites, better try ABC linking or something like that.

Gytis B., Jan 16, 2009 IP
  11. thehustler

thehustler Active Member

Best Answers:
    reciprocal links are not bad if you use them correctly as everyone has stated, if I have a bodybuilding site and can get a link to it from bodybuilding.com and I put a link up for them, this is good. they are a trusted site with high page rankings. If I have the same bodybuilding site and trade links with howtoscampeople.com this would probally hurt me.
    Use links to places that match your content.
    If your going to go through the trouble of getting links then why not just go for the one way link, this is best and you do not have to rely on having a site match your product. If you want a high pr fast.

Buy some one way links from pr4 sites and above, the higher pr the better, you only need the links for a month and your purpose will be served. Please watch out for the people who sell you a pr6 site link but put you on a pr0 or 1 page. You can get a pr 8 or above within a month for a 100 bucks if you shop around, I use ebay alot for link buys and dp as well as bhw.

Now why do you only need it for a month, if you have taken the time to seo your site and make the content seo friendly then your site will take over once it is up there. If you have a poor site that is not enriched with seo then you might as well keep buying links or ppc to get vists.

thehustler, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  12. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    5 max - that is all the link exchanges i would have, i only have 3 and i have no problem with google.

jasonb25, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  13. JohnEvan

JohnEvan Peon

Best Answers:
    And I don't think google will ban a blog or website for having at least 4 or 5 reciprocal links.

JohnEvan, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  14. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A SEO book I read a while ago said that Google can detect these ABC arrangements - and even ABCD.

jj1, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  15. songchai

songchai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well on my opinion , Reciprocal Link building either ABC or AB it really worked for me for newbie site. Later on Oneway links is the best to rais your SERPs

songchai, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  16. rahulmagi

rahulmagi Peon

Best Answers:
    Do it carefully, promote it through blogs, and reciprocal link should be small in number

rahulmagi, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  17. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make with in short time more back links it is effect your rankings.

Bloomtools, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Quite the opposite actually. If the sites are related it will be beneficial.

dcristo, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  19. thuankkk

thuankkk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal link exchange is bad only when they're no related. Try to make related link exchange.

thuankkk, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  20. Jeremy Morgan

Jeremy Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchanges with a pile of sites that you own will get you banned, but normal link exchanges wont. Just be careful, and don't make it your primary strategy.

Jeremy Morgan, Jan 17, 2009 IP