1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Biggest Mistake You Ever Made?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jamespeter, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely a buzz kill, and one of my fears. I'm not sure what 150 hours equals out to in articles, but I know I always have that worry in the back of my mind where I am working so damn hard and then I realize that stuff can be easily lifted and republished without us being able to do anything (much) about it.

My contribution to the topic is that I've made some costly mistakes in adwords - in less than twenty four hours I completely shot my monthly budget for advertising.

TIP. When adwords sez their site will be down for maintenance, but your ads will be running without interruptions.... Don't pick that day to start new campaigns!...DOH!!:eek:

Karen May Jones, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  2. surva8

surva8 Member

Best Answers:
    Spent about $400 on PPC before I realized that it didn't help at all. I then changed my flash site to .PHP built some links and am getting way better traffic!

surva8, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  3. anup.mahajan

anup.mahajan Peon

Best Answers:
    When I started out.. I didn't have focus .. I would jump on every new opportunity and lose time & money..

Over a period I have realized that one has to focus on few strategies that work for you rather than jumping on everything that comes your way...

Regards,
    Anup

anup.mahajan, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. Rogi

Rogi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wasted my $100 (near about) on bux.to
    $250 on other GP to click sites and got no sales or download,
    Thereafter I came to know that the visitors on those websites are not interested in our contents they visit to our website just to get paid.

TIP: If you want to get traffic for the purpose of sales Get paid to click sites will not help you.

Rogi, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    freddie_fireman likes this.
  5. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I think my biggest time and money waster has been blogging too much in unprofitable niches. Much as I love to write (former journalism major) I didn't make money until I started writing to make money - sales letters on my sites, more sales pitches throughout my content, etc.

Dan

dangregory, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  6. joko1065

joko1065 Peon

Best Answers:
    one of my biggest mistakes was not following up on my adwords efforts with a foreclosure niche I was in. I lost interest... even let my domain expire... stopforeclosurenow dot com

another BIG mistake was when I bought bad paper. it is a chargeoff business that made 1500 in like 3 days after buying the porfolio of home depot cc writeoffs. simply had to send the paper to the courthouse in other states. never did. statute of limitations has passed. doh!!

joko1065, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  7. Blahzay

Blahzay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow..too many to name but I would have to say getting into this business with a warez site. I make a pretty penny now but with my traffic and daily unqiues I could be making a fortune with a legit site. I hate thinking about it but now Im going legal and using my warez site as an advertising tool..lol

Blahzay, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    ...my biggest mistake was sleeping with this chick who had a rash...I've been regretting that decision for years

;)

dlm, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  9. Soho Web

Soho Web Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lack of focus. Having too many ideas and i mean too many of em. Still trying to calm the urge to conquer all at once but so little time and so much to do.

Soho Web, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  10. herron_hero

herron_hero Member

Best Answers:
    When I first started I did not business plan properly. To be honest I did not treat it like a business. If you want your online business to take off then treat it like a business from the very beginning. Not that it can't be a fun hobby too, but once you start looking to make money its more of a business than it is a hobby. I learned that I needed to incorporate the two.

herron_hero, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  11. Placebo02

Placebo02 Peon

Best Answers:
    My biggest mistake was not making one. I've missed out on years of opportunity because I convinced myself that I'd get around to it when I was less busy.

Placebo02, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  12. redwings0921

redwings0921 Peon

Best Answers:
    my biggest mistake is not realizing how much money i have in my paypal and then spending it like theres no tommorow

redwings0921, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  13. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i forgot to keep backup file from my pagerank 2 web page. one site my site collapse so no chance recover it.

hurn1, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  14. cowy

cowy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make one blog, writing content and get sandboxed.

The lesson: Don't put eggs in one basket!

cowy, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  15. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's really hard to keep people interested. After you have them on your hook and line, there needs to be a greater thing waiting for them. I've managed to keep my interest in a few things that I've participated in over the years, but I've yet to come up with the ideas needed to make it work the other way around - hooking, reeling in, and keeping! :)

I've been looking more and more into this idea. Do you feel that you need to really believe in what you're promoting? I have that need when I'm spieling. Do you go for the gusto and shoot for high ticket sales?
    I think I would have to drink that away!
    Did you see this post on DP? Ever own a domain you regret losing...
    Show them the light, brother!

I wonder how she's doing.....

Me too. I bought a notebook! Seriously, ideas all day long keep me from gettin' it done.

This is the goal I've almost managed to reach during the year 2008. I have strayed recently. I need to unincorporate.. It's very important to follow through with the idea that you need to treat this like a job and put time into it every day.

Oh, to have that dilema! Every time I swell PayPal up, somebody needs car repairs, dental work, or a box of candy :D bye-bye moolah.

Karen May Jones, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  16. sharma1720

sharma1720 Banned

Best Answers:
    not making a list

sharma1720, Feb 1, 2009 IP