1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kiteguy123, Jan 15, 2009.

Hi.
    I've recently started a health blog and as you can imagine it has very little traffic. I've got loads of articles to post so I thought I might as well sumbit a few to article directories, but I have a few questions:

Which article directory is best? I've heard that ezine is pretty good.

How many articles should I sumbit?

Am I allowed to post the article on my blog as well as on the article directory, or does it have to be unique to them?

Thanks,
    Simon

PS. Any other suggestions for advertising? ;)

kiteguy123, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  2. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Their are many directories , you can type best article directories in Google and get top ones . No don't post same articles on your blog but you can submit one article in different directories but it is better to spin them little bit . Range depends on you but you can submit one article per week or 2 to 4 articles monthly in directories .

atulperx, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  3. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Start with e-zine and then build from there submit them to many many different directories.

ErikJ, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    After publishing on your blog, start with the biggies, and work your way down. make each submission unique.

Ezinearticles, goarticles, articledashboard, articlebase etc.

contentboss, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  5. ameliorate

ameliorate Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like you are a bit "lost" with the whole SEO/marketing concept. Do not limit yourself to just article publishing. Make your word heard on relevant forums, respond to other peoples blogs. I believe you should also ask yourself what the typical person who is interested in a health-blog, has as other interests. You could probably find some more "niches" to target then. E.g gym people.

ameliorate, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  6. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should defently go for ezine, you can publish 5 posts with their free acount, but when you become a premium member you can post more.

Giamatti, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  7. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the help guys :)
    Giamatti. I read on the site that if they like your first 5 posts you can get a premium account for free, or something like that? The articles are pretty high quality so I'm hoping that's the case.
    Ameliorate, great advice, thanks. I've done some blog commenting and I should be doing some forum posting soon. I'm not too fussed about PR, I mean, getting 1 or 2 may be nice but I'm more concerned about traffic.

8. ObliviousOne

ObliviousOne Banned

Best Answers:
    There are many article directories to try, but another thing you can do to market your articles is post them on forums and then leave a URL to the source which will basically be your blog.

Post on forums where people would go to look for health tips. For example, if you have an article on aloepecia areata, a hair problem that causes bald spots, then you can post that article on forums about hair care.

ObliviousOne, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  9. b2breps

b2breps Active Member

Best Answers:
    actually ezine lets you post 10 articles to start with and them most likely will bump you up to "basic plus" and you can submit another 25, then they will evaluate you for "premium" which is unlimited.

b2breps, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  10. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    Goarticles.com is a good directory. The articles are listed immediately. They get alot of traffic as well.

river, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  11. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If Ezine likes your work, you'll get bumped up to either basic plus or platinum. Premium membership costs no matter what.

ajbarnes, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  12. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah OK, I was just getting premium and platinum mixed up.

Once again, thanks for all the help, I've got a plan now. Repped you all :)

13. sellwrite

sellwrite Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been ghostwriting online for years. Ezine is the best- no contest. I'd also advise that you tweak your article to make it a bit different for other article sites. You amy also want to search for ezine publishers in your niche to see if you can submit directly. Many ezine publishers are constantly looking for fresh content. Lots of luck..

sellwrite, Jan 15, 2009 IP