1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Best Software to Imrove Content/Articles Writing Skills?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bushib, Nov 30, 2008.

Hi there,

I want to know that is there any best software that help to improve writing skills, correct grammatical errors and help to make the sentence structuring.

Any help will be highly appreciated?

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  2. sb123

sb123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello!

Try the StyleWriter. It will help improve all the above, i.e., writing skills, correct grammatical errors and help to make the sentence structuring.

Keep Smiling! :)

sb123, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. bushib

bushib Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Any other best software ?

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. sb123

sb123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used only the StyleWriter, and it has produced the results to my entire satisfaction!

sb123, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  5. frankanderson

frankanderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not use a dictionary and a good grammar book. I understand that it is easy to use a software, but dont you think using books and writing on your own will nurture your skills.

frankanderson, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  6. exnihilo01

exnihilo01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I agree completely with frankanderson! Being a copywriter/content provider, dictionaries and your thesaurus should be your best friend! Also, reading more books will also help with grammatical errors as well. Read books in your spare time, and focus on the grammar and spelling of specific words. This will usually help.

On the software end of things, I am not sure if I can help you there. I simply use Microsoft Word to do a spell check. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any software suggestions.

exnihilo01, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. wilhb81

wilhb81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you insists to want a helper, then you can consider the WhiteSmoke...

Just my 2 cents thought :)

wilhb81, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. vk_2006

vk_2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks very help full info.

vk_2006, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  9. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I have been looking for something like this also.

SGBoise, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  10. comusher

comusher Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not found any software that really writes good content. It is just a matter of writing for yourself and developing your voice. I struggled when I first started but now I have many sites who want me to do the text on their pages and they are willing to pay my price.
    Software always ends up sounding too mechanical.

comusher, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  11. tajo

tajo Peon

Best Answers:
    Whether you are a native speaker wanting to improve their writing style, or a non-native needing to understand more of the English language, I'd always recommend a tutor with qualifications in teaching English and experience of writing for a living.

This approach is more expensive than buying software, but is infinitely more useful to you in the long run. A tutor is someone with whom you can ask specific questions, and as importantly, receive feedback on your improvements from week to week.

Non-native speakers could also consider asking one of the professional writers here on DP to critique their work, or if you'd prefer something different, see if one of the ESL teachers on YouTube would be willing to help.

tajo, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  12. Johnson Williams

Johnson Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience and the experience of some of my writers, Whitesmoke has a bunch of problems that you don't want to deal with right now. That's just my opinion, though.

Johnson Williams, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  13. AccountSeller

AccountSeller Peon

Best Answers:
    Software = Computer Program

You have to better avoid any software.

because all the articles are difficult read by human.

AccountSeller, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  14. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I think reading a few books on the subject is far better than relying on software. It's really not unlike the distinction between buying a fish a few times and learning how to fish. If you can take the necessary time and trouble to run software to do this, why not just learn how to do it yourself? It's not so difficult, I think.

alexa_s, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  15. gbartlet

gbartlet Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Dragon Naturally Speaking. It will spell words better than I can! Plus, I can speak better than I write; it seems more natural for me. This is speech to text software, by the way.

gbartlet, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  16. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    @gbartlet: No doubt `Dragon' will permit you to enter raw text faster and accurately, but it will not help you with grammatical problems, regardless of the fact that your spoken English is better than your written one. For that you might rely on `MS Word' to a certain extent, beyond that you have to use your own experience & skills. My mother tongue is not English, yet I try to improve my written text everyday.

@Johnson Williams: I tried the 7 days trial of `Whitesmoke' and was utterly disappointed by the same.

parsibagan, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  17. gbartlet

gbartlet Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, parsibagan. Trying reading and practicing Strunk and White's book The Elements of Style

gbartlet, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  18. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that reading and writing is really the only way to develop your writing. Computers are not natural as a human.

MisterEThoughts, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  19. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Gbartlet: Thanks a lot buddy, I'll hunt around for the same during the weekend.

@MisterEThoughts: Reading & writing is good and gives you a level of expertise. Honing the skills that you have gained with like minded persons in forums like this one enhances these skills :)

parsibagan, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  20. BrianTT

BrianTT Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides SyleWriter, which is good (as good as the programme can get), I would also reccomend Chrysanth NETime - it's license is around $100. Although comparing to Style, i would go with Style...
    I also agree with majority -try reading as much as possible, or even take a class. i think that would be the best way to do it. Good old fashioned way ;)

BrianTT, Jan 15, 2009 IP