1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First Interview

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by KevinJB, Jun 23, 2006.

So I up and interviewed someone for the first time, Martin Bland (he goes by ColaDesigns here). I did it over AIM, and I had absolutely no freaking clue what I was doing. So I just sort of asked all the questions I remember people asking in any interview I ever remember seeing / reading. I sat on it for two days, read it, revised, re-read, revised. Then sat on it for another day or two. Today I pretty much looked at it and published it. You can read it over here.

So how can I improve? How bad was it? And what do you all think I should / shouldn't do next time? Is there any questions I should have asked that I didn't, or visa-versa? And how was the text itself? Critisism, no matter how harsh, is much appreciated!

KevinJB, Jun 23, 2006 IP
    itsme likes this.
  2. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    looks like an interesting read. Well done!

DonMecca, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  3. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh and also, the only thing I would try to get rid of next time is the commentary of "If this sucks"... "Its my first time" . I think not showing real confidence will turn off lots of readers.

DonMecca, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  4. KevinJB

KevinJB Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that's good advice. I won't do that in the future then :)

KevinJB, Jun 25, 2006 IP
  5. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good read but I was expecting an interview... you just summarized the interview but didn't give us the meat and potatos that most expect to see.

The whole point of an interview is to let the readers see what the person being interviewed *actually said*. I believe the Question/Answer format would have provided much more to the reader.

See if you can work in a few Q/A's (you don't need all, just a few key questions) that your readers are *really* interested in and would like to get the info in Martin's own words.

Ok, that's my 2c... great work by the way and thanks for sharing.

itsme, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  6. KevinJB

KevinJB Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks, that's really good advice. I'll do that next time :)

KevinJB, Jun 26, 2006 IP