1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How should I make an offer to this webite?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dmak02, Jan 14, 2009.

I want to buy this website, but I don't think the owner wants to sell it. Anyways, can anyone give me a strategy to get him to sell it to me? His website isn't even that big, maybe like 1.5 million alexa. PR 1.

Dmak02, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  2. ayeronnie

ayeronnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you can do is ask and all he can do is say no or ignore you, right? Can't think of how else you find out. Might be better if you could get him on the phone, maybe get a phone number through DNS records.

ayeronnie, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  3. happyfei8

happyfei8 Peon

Best Answers:
    why don't you tall to him that you want to cooperate with him or you have a good idea to prove this website.

happyfei8, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  4. 3roken

3roken Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure anyone would sell you their site, if your price is right.

Comfort him by telling him your intentions with the site, what you plan to do with it after he sells it.

Most webmasters get a daddy complex, which makes them think their site is their baby.

They will sell at the right price, just assure them of your plans and it should all go well.

3roken, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  5. newcyber

newcyber Guest

Best Answers:
    maybe you should slow talk with him and make him understanding how much you want buy that website...i wish you good luck

newcyber, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  6. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to do business with someone, a professional and courteous statement of intent would be the best place to start.

Union, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  7. sellwrite

sellwrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Money talks! For the right price almost anyone will sell any website. Letting him know just how passionate you are about obtaining the site may help as well. Also, maybe you need to study a few negotiation skills before you attempt the deal.

sellwrite, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  8. fundu

fundu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I you offer such a price that is a more than the actual value of the website, I'm sure that he'll definitely sell the website. Or you can start a site with same niche like his.

fundu, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  9. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    ask what he wants for it and Im sure he/she will tell you

scweb, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  10. ahuddy

ahuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to find similar sites that have sold on sitepoint or sedo to get an idea of the ballpark price range. You can use this to make your judgment in how much to offer for the site. Although I wouldn't come right out and say that these other sites sold for X amount of dollars. Like other said, money talks, so make a good offer and he will know right away whether or not he wants to sell it. If he says hes not interested, then chances are he is not going to sell it all. If he wants more money then you will have to decide if it worth the additional investment for you.

ahuddy, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You no need to buy the website directly.
    Indirectly approach can be used such as offering to buy 50% of the site ownership from the owner.
    I'm sure the owner will sell the 50% right to you coz the owner still own the site and still earn from the site.
    This is the both win win situation.

mentos, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  12. deltatech.seo

deltatech.seo Banned

Best Answers:
    how would i promote my website

deltatech.seo, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  13. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PM me the URL, I'm very good with buying/selling websites, I'll give you an advice.

Scorpiono, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  14. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    i think maybe if you start your own website, even if you cant programm, hire some one to do it and you will get results...

jackio, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  15. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you'll need to contact him first. In my opinion you should do it by real mail in the form of a letter. I would say not to make your first contact through email as there will be a lot of scammers who do that sort of thing, and you don't want to get mixed up with scammers. Write the letter very professionally: imagine you're a lawyer offering to buy some land. Also, include a full name, address and email address for him to contact you. The more details you provide the more likely he is to sell you the site. :)

kiteguy123, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  16. mooseweb

mooseweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't use one of those domain managers or site buyers people.

That simply shows you have a lot of money, just call occasionally and inform them of your interest. Lay out exactly what your doing and how much you are offering as an open bid.

mooseweb, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  17. Speakup

Speakup Banned

Best Answers:
    Use a domain broker. If you want to do it yourself you should get a hold of the owners contact details and then ask him. Make sure you approach him asking will you sell your site, I am willing to pay alot for it, or are you interested in buy. Those lines are just there to break the ice. If he says no then no it is just ignore it and try again in the future. If it is a yes ask for a price and then bargain your way down to what you want to pay.

Speakup, Jan 17, 2009 IP