1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increase Traffic with Tell a Friend

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Tyson Faulkner, Jan 12, 2009.

Hey guys,

I am doing some research on passive ways to increase traffic to your website. The first one I am looking at is the tell a friend scripts. I know there are many free ones to choose from, and also scripts that you can buy that*should* work better.

Has anyone here had any experience with tell a friend scripts? Where is the best place to put them for the most response?

What would make the free scripts work or flow better?

What kind of results have you had with the free scripts? the Paid ones?

Thanks for any help,
    Tyson

Tyson Faulkner, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. mehjoe

mehjoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant remember the script I used, but they do work very well. I used one for my competition site and it worked wonders.

mehjoe, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have come across a Free Advertising Tool which allows you to broadcast messages directly to your people within your network and it continues down the line.

You can have a look by checking on one of my signature links which says “Receive Free and Powerful Internet Marketing Tool”

Why dont you try this out?

anthonyn, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. worphco

worphco Peon

Best Answers:
    i havent found any really good tell a friend scripts. One thing that really worked wonders for me was contact book import script ( a paid one) as it involved telling al the friends in ur contact of ym, gmail, msn or aol. usually would get incrased traffic cos of that

worphco, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  5. gorri

gorri Guest

Best Answers:
    what about the one from Mike Filsaime, it must be excellent.
    Otherwise, i don't know.

gorri, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  6. benjF

benjF Peon

Best Answers:
    What I like about 'tell a friend' is that it is so obvious. Someone see's it on your site and knows instantly what it is. You like a website so you 'tell a friend'. You can also change the colors to match your website or to completly contrast your website to make it stick out more.

benjF, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  7. FreeKii

FreeKii Peon

Best Answers:
    I am employing an idea that is encouraging people to tell their friends. How it works is the Adsense Ads revenue is shared to the members that join the site and participate in the promotion of the site. I'd like to give you the address but I don't want to get punted from DP.

It is working great. We build the code that rotates the ads that are displayed to be credited to the different members that are also publishers on our network. If you add dot com to the end of our DP name you will get to our site and then you'll get more information. We can assign script to anyone else that wants to use it and your members will earn revenue from the ads displayed on your site if your site can host ads.

FreeKii, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  8. seopankaj

seopankaj Guest

Best Answers:
    I am doing to increase traffic to your website.I know there are many free ones to choose from, and also scripts that you can buy that should work better.

seopankaj, Jan 12, 2009 IP