1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Joe Singh, Jan 9, 2009.

Hi All,:)

i am new to this field, please help me to understand few doubts.

What is email marketing?

Actually i know, how to use emails, but how to use it in marketing?

Generally people don't read rests except personal or official mails, and sometime marketing mails comes as spam mails, so that can be ignore and simply delete by any person. Then how can email marketing is called as so effective for business?:confused:

Joe Singh, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  2. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Success in email marketing takes place when one can attract many subscribers to his site. Some webmasters and Internet marketers give away something for free to get an email list. Then, they send newsletters to attract them to purchase their products.

Some of them also buy or rent email list. This is something you should never do. Your name will surely be blacklisted. However, some email marketers still fail and they cannot make money from doing so.

One of my latest blog posts explains it further, but it will be unethical if I put the link here though.

GuardianAngel, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  3. Gytis B.

Gytis B. Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand it too, so I think that this type of marketing was called as affective be people who offers their spamming services. :D

Gytis B., Jan 9, 2009 IP
  4. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you build your own customer/member list an option to opt-in for E-Mail newsletter is really great.

Do Email marketing with your members and not with 3rd party services that offer there lists. Then you expect good results!

ORZ, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  5. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    The others already told you the marketing part. Now I'll share something about the 'getting the email read' part.

People hate spam and they know it when they see it. So they immediately delete it.

So what the email should do it grab the reader's attention while telling them that the email is legit. It begins with a strong subject line. The subject should interest the recipient enough to open the email and read the body.

The body should then persuade them to perform the action that you want them to do. Buy something from you? Join a forum? It depends on what your email's goal is.

That's how it basically works. I hope that helps. :)

cd928, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  6. nikolaaa

nikolaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've posted yesterday post on my blog about list building and email marketing.

You have to build target list for your niche.
    Try to narrow as much as possible niche and target only those leads.
    Then educate them, show that you know much about it.
    And then you are ready to sell to them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Nikola

nikolaaa, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  7. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out constantcontact.com they have a great service for newsletters and email marketing. You can use their tools to build your lists and they have templates for the newsletters.

river, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  8. sarkozy1

sarkozy1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    easy way is to use the php mailer free script here phpscripts.9hz.com and send to your coustumers

sarkozy1, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  9. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't understand something, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that is illegal.

Here is an example of such "spamming services": InfoUSA (infousa dot com) (publicly traded company since 1992 on the NASDAQ stock exchange) :D:D:D

ezine ads, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  10. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many more ways are used by people now days for email marketing like they join number of groups in yahoo and google and blast their promotional mails there..

jasoncreja, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  11. trafficwave

trafficwave Peon

Best Answers:
    Please don't confuse ignorance with authority.

The fact that you don't understand email marketing is one thing.

Assuming email marketing has anything to do with spamming is just that ... ignorance.

Email Marketing and spamming do not belong in the same sentence.

trafficwave, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  12. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    I use e-mail marketing a lot for CB products. Opt-in lists are great for so many reasons, I have many different niche specific ones. Here are some articles you should read to get the basics:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1315565/the_importance_of_list_building_for.html?cat=3
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1315611/great_im_strategy_list_building.html?cat=3
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1327873/biggest_donts_when_emailing_your_optin.html?cat=35

Those should get your started with why list building is so great and how it works followed by a good strategy and finally what to avoid.

wowhaxor, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  13. FreeKii

FreeKii Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have a good place to get 10k quality targeted email addresses?

FreeKii, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  14. seopankaj

seopankaj Guest

Best Answers:
    email marketing means takes place when one can attract many subscribers to his site.you can use email marketing to sell products, services, offer discounts on products.

seopankaj, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  15. ryon1

ryon1 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Joe,
    Email marketing is an email that contains sales offer to someone you intended to.
    It's a great way to make more sales because most people buy a product after 7 contact with a buyer.
    So,email marketing is one of the best way to contact your client again.
    You get people's email after they sign up for some newsletter or freebies that you offer.
    Good luck...Rudy

ryon1, Jan 12, 2009 IP