1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Development using Blogs

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tradester, Jan 12, 2009.

Say you want to develop links and promote a new site selling widgets by using blogs.

Which of following are best and most cost effective methods?
    -Create own blogs on free blogslike blogspot.com
    -Create own blogs on own domains
    -Blog posts/ reviews on other blogs
    -Blogrolls or homepage links on other blogs
    -Blog comments on other blogs

:)

tradester, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would think that getting on a blogroll of a prominent blogger is a huge step in the right direction for any site.

river, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. HowToMakeMyBlog.com

HowToMakeMyBlog.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Not many people use blogrolls anymore and links in sidebars are not as important to Google as links in the content.

The best option by far is writing a guest post for a big blog that has content similar to your blog content. Include couple of links to your site in the article. That will give you dofollow link from a good and authoritive site and will introduce you and your blog to a huge number of targeted people. So you will get clicks directly to your site, plus a good inbound link for SEO.

HowToMakeMyBlog.com, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. Lloyds Apple

Lloyds Apple Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for a company that competes at the top of google for some of the highest grossing terms. The strategy I have been utilizing is creating original content for relevant blogs with links back to our website using proper anchor text for the linked pages. Everything was going smoothly, slowly climbing the charts. All of a sudden we have dropped big for a couple of terms. I'm still ahead of 2 months ago, but my boss is saying that we may need to review strategy. I feel like I should keep up with current strategy. Any suggestions based on past history by anyone?

Lloyds Apple, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  5. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't use just one main strategy for getting links. If you do, Google will detect that the links are artificially created, because links that were acquired naturally would include a variety of types and sources. Also, by having a mixture of different kinds of links, not only does it look more natural, it also is more stable against possible future changes in the way that Google values various types of links. So for best results, you need to use a variety of methods.

billybw, Jan 12, 2009 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  6. tonsblogger

tonsblogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with Billybw. As a SEO you could try any possible ways to optimize your site. Not just relying on a single way or plan.

tonsblogger, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  7. kokotajima

kokotajima Active Member

Best Answers:
    being said widely that using hub pages will also helpful to bring buzz to our site. and also creating any free blog services and write down a good post about the site will do link juicy. then plus it with blog commenting which will step by step flying up your site on air.

so combining many steps will surely worthy....

kokotajima, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  8. seohelp

seohelp Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, hubpages indeed is the greatest of mediums to give backlinks to your own site. Blog commenting is an added advantage.

seohelp, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  9. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog post from other bloggers.

tdd1984, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  10. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    creating your own blogs and promote each of them. that will be the most valuable. but the most time and money consuming at the same time.

Giamatti, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  11. Lloyds Apple

Lloyds Apple Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah we try to mix up the anchor text the best we can. And the blog scene is simply my niche, we incorporate many other strategies. All I know is that 2 1/2 months ago we were at 35 for a BIG keyword. I got it up to 8. Then yesterday it dropped to 22, where it still sits. My boss freaked out about aborting the strategy completely. I'm trying to figure this thing out.

Lloyds Apple, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  12. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are still some free directories that pass PR from listing page. Find them and list your site.

Valkerie, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    create LOTS of blogs on all the free hosts you can find. Fill them with backlinks and content automatically. It's not rocket science. You can read up on autoblogging here:- http://www.bloggerhigh.com

contentboss, Jan 14, 2009 IP