1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO charges

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by webtastic224, Jan 12, 2009.

Hey guys,

I have been quoted a fees of 1300 dollars per 1 million results(competition) in google by an SEO, who guarantees me a top 2 ranking for my keyword, i have some ideas, i have done keyword research and there is a lot of potential traffic for my keywords.

He is charging this per keyword and says it will take around 8 months to show in google, he is guaranteeing me top positions in google yahoo and msn.

He is promising yahoo in 4 months and google in 8,with a money back guarantee.

i have projects which range from 1 million competition to 70 million, all related to my business, all i want to do is take the internet as a secondary channel for my sales.

suggestions and advice please

webtastic224, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    That amount of money would not be uncommon, I don't think he's charging too much.

However no one can actually guarantee results, but he can guarantee a refund if it doesn't work out. Just verify he's not a scam artist, ask for previous work.

If the money is too much to risk, maybe you should assess just how profitable the keyword really is by running a test adwords campaign first.

T_Media, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. drummerboy9437

drummerboy9437 Peon

Best Answers:
    $1300 is reasonable. That is in line with what I would charge.

Make sure to get all those details in writing, though.. Offering a money back guarantee is pretty good.

drummerboy9437, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I woudnt trust that guy only reason is 1 million results(competition) this quote no true seo or a good SEO will quote on results it depends on niche how competitive

harshakiran, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  5. webtastic224

webtastic224 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the support guys, I really appreciate that.

BTW we are an ad-agency

He aint telling me what he is doing, what diretories he would submit to backlinks etc etc. He thinks if he tells me SEO I would open up my own in house department, but he does promise 100 percent ethical and white hat SEO.

Its a services business BTW, i think the best thing would be to hire a consultant and outsource the jobs, what do you say ?, in that process i can even learn and atleast know whats happening and maybe i can open up my own in house SEO department if i want to.

How about getting a reputable consultant right here on DP

thanks again.

6. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I doubt that he'd be doing whitehat only - there's really no such thing. I would think he'll be doing the norm, optimising onsite, directory and article submission, perhaps social bookmarking links. Then if he needs lots of links after that he'll either need to drop them around the web using spam techniques, pay for them, launder links through his own site network or get links from people in exchange for something else.

Anyway, if he's reputable and has a great track record, go for him. I don't think you should go for consultation and outsourcing as you need to know how to pull everything together and do everything in the right order in the right quantities at the right time. Get someone good and let the professional do the work. In the meantime read up on SEO and maybe experiment on a throwaway site of your own.

T_Media, Jan 12, 2009 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  7. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    The price is reasonable, but the time is too long and maximum should take 3-6 months. Also me prefer go for some SEo company to do it bcz should not be fail on it. If fail loose long time and some time penalization

rena, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  8. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I say if you have it all in writing, including the money-back guarantee, have done a thorough analysis of work performed for other clients, received at least two written referrals, and have the patience to wait up to 8 months to see your results, go for it! $1,300 is not a lot of money if the keyword is highly competitive, and will give you an excellent return on investment.

Though, I do have to agree with T Media on his point. Why not try out an AdWords campaign to see how much interest / money / clientele you can generate with the keywords you have in mind? If they are highly-targeted, and have a great R.O.I., AdWords may be the route you would like to take anyway. Instant results could lead to instant sales. You would at least get an idea of what to expect once your site lands in the top spot on Google.

Best of luck!

Tara33, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  9. webtastic224

webtastic224 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate the suggestions...these forums are fantastic..lots of professionals here willing to help

Regarding referrals i dont think i can have those...i will be his first client although he has been doing his personal projects for some time.

Do you think its ethical to post his work here if you guys want to have a look...or PM's

Do you think if its ok to get listed on the first page of the search engine with all sites owned by you, i mean is it within the search engine rules, because he has been doing that, and the market that he trades in, it's very easy to do so.

I dont think i will be working with him, its better to get someone else who can share everything with me, atleast it should be transparent, and i dont think it will last long if he has trust issues with his first client (an advertising agency)

I like the AD-Words campaign suggestion though..good to start off with..

I think i should wet my feet first and then dive in :)

Thanks Again

10. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    Long-term SEO is a way better ROI then adwords.

IC_IC, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  11. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Price depends on different things
    Few of them are,
    Competition
    Your website status
    Targetted time to reach the results
    Approach of the promotion and experience (most of the experienced SEO do not work for peanuts)

Hope that helps

guest, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  12. mcars12

mcars12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. It is way better than PPC.. But come to think of it, you can gain more traffic during the incubation period of natural SEO. The best way here is to do PPC campaign during the first 3 months until rankings shows up..

mcars12, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  13. work4quality

work4quality Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't believe any guy regarding rankings.

work4quality, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  14. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very true harsha. It's not the way SEO quotes. I have some keywords where it's almost impossible to get first page despite under 100,000 competition or results. ;)

sipltech, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  15. dsouza

dsouza Peon

Best Answers:
    nice yar, are you planning to experiment with that.

dsouza, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  16. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think this guy is just saying it or is he proving it to you?
    You can just cross check his services and then commit for his services.Now a days there are very few companies offering quality services.Hire a company which is transparent.

jopsons, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  17. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tread carefully here...anyone can promises guaranteed results in a certain time frame; however, the question is can they deliver on it? In the end, Google can undermine the efforts of even the best SEO expert. Also, if they can't deliver the results in the specified time frame, do they refund you? Make sure you determine all of these details up front, and if you can contact a previous client of him/her, and see if they were satisfied with the work.

SEOguy101, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  18. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    This has scam written all over it. Nobody with any business sense at all (well almost nobody) is going to quote purely on number of search results alone. Its not taking into account many other huge factors:

• Your site age
    • your domain name
    • amount of seo work/links already built
    • strength of the competitors
    and many more.

He might be offering a money back guarantee, but he's saying it'll take 8 months. By the time it comes to cash in the guarantee he's long gone and the chargeback time has long expired. See my linked thread earlier in this post and you'll see someone done the same and stole $50k.

Vic_mackey, Jan 12, 2009 IP
    chillingbreeze likes this.
  19. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those are some great points as well....I've never heard of an seo expert charging based on keyword search results alone. However, perhaps the "seo expert" calculated the $1,300 figure based on the keyword specified and the particular site in question.

SEOguy101, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  20. NewBeginningsDetox

NewBeginningsDetox Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to be trustworthy on some.. if you required services anymore.. :)

I am Using a Guy for my 6 Of Website.. from the last one year approximately and so far he done a good job.. with promising my anything.. I m Happy 2day :D

NewBeginningsDetox, Jan 12, 2009 IP