1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ergonomic and Assistive device recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Halobitt, Jan 11, 2009.

Looking for recommendations for ergonomic keyboards, assistive devices like laptop stands, chairs, and anythng else you can think of.

I'm about to buy a vertical mouse soon, to save any strain on my poor wrist, and wondered if I should be getting anything else at the same time.

Preferred if you've actually used the items and love them to pieces.

:)

Halobitt, Jan 11, 2009 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  2. Staxx

Staxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ergonomic for what parts? Just the wrist? or the back? etc...

At the moment my wrist doesn't bother me that much, but I do have back issues. I use a lumbar pillow in my chair, as well as making sure that I don't slouch much.

I also have a laptop stand that I use when sitting on the couch or something, that way I can sit up straight and keep the laptop level rather than keeping the neck bent for a long time looking down at my lap.

Neither are really special, got the stand at walmart for $20, and the lumbar pillow was free from my Physical Therapist

Staxx, Jan 15, 2009 IP
    Halobitt and buffalo like this.
  3. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have this keyboard on my desktop. I love it!! It's hard to switch back & forth between that monster and my laptop keyboard. But for lots of typing that big keyboard is wonderful. :D

buffalo, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. Care to post any screenshots of your setup?

I had a meeting with a uni physical therapist. He was pretty useless compiling a report, which the uni get paid for. It seems a bit of a scam to be honest, he didn't even recommend a keyboard in the report. He mentioned these things including the stand, but didn't add them in.

The catalog of stuff I was shown, had an aluminium stand for about £100. Yes, £100 for a bent piece of metal! Anything related to disability in these catalogues seems to be vastly overpriced.

Halobitt, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  5. Staxx

Staxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I don't think we can do screenshot, pictures might work though :D

and £100? what a rip off...my laptop stand was $20...though it's not top of the line or anything...

I'll get some info on some of the cheap ass stuff I use when I get home for ya :D

Staxx, Jan 21, 2009 IP
    buffalo likes this.