1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a google filter for new sites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by leswoody, Jan 11, 2009.

Hi,

I have a new site 4-month old domain, the site has been indexed by google for about two months, and has grown some excellent backlinks.

Current backlinks are about 6,000 on yahoo. There are some sites that rank for our major keyword on pages two, and three with almost no backlinks, 100-300.

But yet our site is way back on page 19 for our major keyword we want to rank for.

Any ideas or experiences on how long before our site starts ranking decent.

leswoody, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  2. mytor

mytor Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you get majority of your backlinks, are they from sites with relevant keywords? What is your main keyword (phrase) if it's not a secret? If it's a single keyword or very popular phrase, I think it can be extremely difficult to rank on the first page. If you could provide us with a link to your website we could give you a better analysis.

:)

mytor, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  3. leswoody

leswoody Peon

Best Answers:
    Only the top 12 websites on google have more links than my site. The links are relevent, ony-way and contain anchor text i want to rank for.

leswoody, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you sure your onpage optimization is good? How old are the sites of your competitors?
    What's the competition in that niche? 6000 links should be more than enough to rank high for a lot of keywords.

zexy, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  5. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some are highly fought over. I have one 10 year old site that I have done everything to you could suggest seo wise yet never goes above pr3...any other niche I feel it would be a pr7 site at least.
    With other niches I easily rank 1# on google and get pr 4-6 really fast.

A really compeditive niche can cause a headache in se's.

Pandora, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  6. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find with new sites that they get a jump in the SERPs on google every 3 months or so up to around the one year mark. After that increases in SERPs performance seem more explicable.

brian65, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  7. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    look, google is going to have to decide that you are a better source than the others.

That is going to probably take quality links from hight powered niche specif blogs and site.

I dont' know if google looks at bounce rate but i'm sure they want the people they send to you to find what they are looking for.

Also do all the seo stuff like metatags and keywords within content but I think the links and sources are pretty heavy.

Motter, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  8. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh yeah, and it really helps to have the keyword in your url. along with time for trustworthiness.

Motter, Jan 11, 2009 IP