1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website faces, man or woman more trustworthy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pipes, Jan 10, 2009.

When your visiting a website and you see a face displayed for example on a business website, more specifically financial websites, which are you most likely to find more trustworthy?

Does the male face or female face relax you more and make you feel that you can trust in them?

As part of my question too i will say of those faces you see that are usually of good looking people.

This is related to business websites and not photo collection types of sites.

Also if you want to, state your country please.

pipes, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  2. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed a wonderful and sensible question...

Well, I believe that trust factor depends upon individual choice. When it comes to business websites, both male as well as female faces may impart trust factor if the photos are professional. On a software development company website, a professionaly dressed-up and smiling lady would look more reliable than a giggling lady with her laptop. However, male faces gives more professional look to most of the global audience. Yet, we see most of corporate websites using female faces :) (May be website owners may try to attract the audience with an appealing face; not a very encouraging idea though). It's not just about looking good but about looking professional too.

BTW, I'm from India :)

Cheers!

chillingbreeze, Jan 10, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Im glad that you have mentioned business and professional looking, i often see happy faces on sites and often female faces and i agree that sometimes these images may not be ideal for some types of sites.

I agree that looking professional would be better, still a pleasant face, man or woman, but looking capable, in a business suit.

I think maybe the person smiling in a welcoming way and as you say, well dressed and professional looking.

Im from the United Kingdom myself. :)

pipes, Jan 10, 2009 IP