sitemaps now returning more / complete info

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by expat, Jun 22, 2006.

found sitemaps unavail last night after seeing that they used an old one before.

Surprise surprise sitemaps today gives vastly more info.
    All http errors (shame I have abot 77 on on a 20k site)
    Larger positioning and click table

so all in all not bad.

One should notice that now g sm is concentrating on mobile as well
    having two sole sections.

Together with xenu now allows to keep a large site relatively clean.

Nice tool - nevertheless I have started to use this, server headers and dynamic robots.txt to restrict page visibility to engines selectively.

Expat

expat, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  2. AmmoX

AmmoX Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep another upgrade seems to have been started over the last couple days.

Just before the upgrade was visible I was seeing what historically looked like a purge. Overnight I had error pages show up that I hadn't seen listed before as well as errors that I had fixed finally left the list.

As you may have seen from some of my other posts I've been leaving a couple of pages that I know will cause errors to see how long it would take for them to show up as well as the repairs to be noticed.

Haven't gone through the logs completely but over the last week or so, it seems that error pages that are fixed are being removed more quickly. Of course this has to do with resubmission of the sitemap as well as the number of times that googlebot hits the site.

Still have one site that I'm actually getting pretty good traffic on, but site still seems to be in the "sandbox".

AmmoX, Jun 22, 2006 IP