1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is long tail key words better in the Title tags?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Jan 8, 2009.

long tail key phrases do they work better in the Title tags meaning like this __-> <title>Nutrition Supplies | Natural Pet Supplies | Healthy Dog Food</title>

or would this tagging tactic work better in the major search engines??
    <title>Dog Training - Canine Owners - Dog Nutrition Supplies - Canine Health - Dog Supplements - Dog Supplies</title>

Aaron111, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  2. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Aaron, what tagging tactic ? if you are asking about seperators like - or |, they both are same and makes no difference

poseidon, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  3. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the formatting, or the keywords themselves. I usually put in long tail key phrases (something that is still searched often though) in the titles, but then backlink both short and long tail.

PHPGator, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  4. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here's what I cam with <title>Dog Training Treats - Healthy Dog Food - Canine Health - Dog Nutrition Supplies</title>

I mixed it with double and triple dense..... this topic is about density in tags meaning triple phrasing over double phrasing :eek:

Aaron111, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  5. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I don't like that title tag. When a title tag is just a list of keywords like that it looks very spammy. I would think less people would click on that compared to a natural looking title.

Some seo's recommend keeping the title fairly short. I think they recommend a length of no more than 75 characters. This makes sense since the search engines clip a title around that length.

Using the word 'dog' 3 times in the title may be a waste of keyword space too.

vansterdam, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  6. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so this is your site here smallbusinesscreditcards.net nice good pr too. you used the credit cards twice why?

from seo perspective using the Title I have works best and your click through are higher.... thats why my tag tactic is that why lol :)

Aaron111, Jan 8, 2009 IP