1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Advertising

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by sandipk81, Dec 23, 2008.

1. rileypool

rileypool Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook won't allow AFF/Fling advertisements. I've talked to a Facebook Ad Manager this week and the will not allow those types of advertisements. It will get your account banned.

rileypool, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  2. rileypool

rileypool Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a liar about your conversion rates.

3. rileypool

rileypool Peon

Best Answers:
    Read their advertising guidelines and follow them word for word. You will get your ads approved. Since the 1st the only ad I've had disapproved was one that didn't follow their rules, as it requested for personal information.

4. chipmonk

chipmonk Guest

Best Answers:
    I know a couple of people that have used Facebook ads and I must say from listening to their stories I personally would not use them. They we re not happy at all. Many time ads were not accepted and they were not told why this happened and the fees on ones that did get up and running just kept going up.

chipmonk, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  5. rileypool

rileypool Peon

Best Answers:
    I've only had like 4 of my last 20 ads disapproved, all because they were blatantly ignoring the rules. I know plenty of people BANKING off these things.

rileypool, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  6. donepoppedup

donepoppedup Peon

Best Answers:
    Ringtones on facebook eh? Hmm, intersting you must be the only person in the world that can actually advertise ringtones on facebook, congrats... Facebook WAS good, that is until the Ad Approval department lost their minds and started disapproving ads left and right..

donepoppedup, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  7. avi8r

avi8r Peon

Best Answers:
    No, Facebook is very particular about avoiding any ads that are "R" rated.

avi8r, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  8. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have found it really hard to believe that the SEO/SEM ads appeal to my Facebook friends (age: 15 - 21.) I'm certainly the only one that could be interested in them.

almondj, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  9. criticker

criticker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm kind of annoyed by their policies - sometimes I just want to drive traffic to specific blog posts, but they rejecting those. In general I think buying ads from them is too expensive. Neat interface though.

criticker, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  10. vincentc

vincentc Guest

Best Answers:
    If you new ANYTHING about getting targeted views you would know that 13% is very doable...

you obviously have no idea what your doing

vincentc, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  11. Bogardi

Bogardi Peon

Best Answers:
    Bogardi, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  12. Suziclue

Suziclue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I spent over $100 bucks on facebook advertising just to see if I could get one freaking conversion.. So far I've had over 250 clicks and - 0 conversion. Facebook is just plain horrible when it comes to people wanting to spend money. Why do you think there's so many freaking coupons out there. No one on there buys anything..

I'd stay away if I were you.. I've tried every kind of product also.. Dating, software downloads...etc

Suziclue, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  13. FreeKii

FreeKii Peon

Best Answers:
    We tried FB Advertising but not sure if our product line was off for their liking, some ads no matter what wording changes were declined all the time. Very frustrating.

If you have the right product and you know your product is geared to a certain demographics it might get you a decent number of hits, but conversion is another story.

You might have to enlist an A-List Marketing Agency to prepare your ad since you might have 1/1000th of a second to capture someones attention as most users are programmed to ignore ads on FB.

FreeKii, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  14. sqallpl

sqallpl Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have problem with facebook ads. I stareted today, this is my first contact with facebook ads system.

All my ads was disapproved. I want to promote my affiliate link with free McDonalds meals, Free chocolate samples etc.

I dont know how to make good ad, that will be approved.

Here are some ads that was disapproved, all for points 3, 13, 14:

Do you like Pizza Hut?
    What's your favorite Pizza Hut topping? Let us know to get 50$ towards free Pizza Hut meals. Participation required. See details.

link:http://www.tmlaffiliate.com/z/2203/CD75/

Free Dunkin Donuts
    What's the best Dunkin donuts menu item? Let us know and get $50 towards free Dunkin dounts meals.

link: http://www.tmlaffiliate.com/z/2030/CD75/

sqallpl, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  15. Suziclue

Suziclue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow my first sale on Facebook. After spending $125+ I finally got a sale for 33 bucks.. not bad! I was determined to get one sale so i could stop advertising with them.. hehe

success! now i can move on..

Suziclue, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  16. mysteree

mysteree Banned

Best Answers:
    alex schultz of Facebook has confirmed (at affiliate summit west 2009) that the CPC you pay is a formula comprising of CTR and bidded CPC. so if you get a high CTR, YOUR CPCs WILL DROP.
    he indicated that .04%, .03% etc are low, and 1% would be good. aim for 1% CTR and you should see decent results as long as you're converting after the click.

mysteree, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  17. sqallpl

sqallpl Member

Best Answers:
    Its ridiculous. They just refused my ad, that was same as ad that they accepted one hour earlier.

sqallpl, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  18. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just signed up today, created an ad for a Free Blackberry Phone, it was approved in about 3 hours. In the first 15 minutes the damn thing had 26,000 impressions, and only about 6 clicks. One click converted so I made a buck fifty, but spent about the same. With that many impressions, it seems impossible to get a 1% CTR, so you're destined to pay the higher CPC's. I'm at .04% CTR but I'm going to let it run for a couple days to see what happens.

What are you guys paying per click for your particular niche?

christian231, Jan 17, 2009 IP