1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google goin CRAZY?! Or am I penalized?!?!

Discussion in 'Google' started by LinkMasterFlash, Jan 7, 2009.

1. sachamps

sachamps Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen it mentioned that too much internal anchor text linking can run you into an automatic penalty with Google - especially if those links were keyword stuffed or over-optimised.

If you've removed them already, with any luck your rankings will be restored following Google's next crawl - so we can only hope that this is the case.

[EDIT]

Just a question, were those links sitewide or were they only present on the homepage?

sachamps, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  2. scottjones

scottjones Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me guess.
    You have great rank in google serp for the last 6 months by some keywords. And You MODIFIED your homepage, your keywords density changed and google think your subpages were more important.
    As we know, google only shows 2 links of your website in the first 30 links. if your subpages take the two, your homepage will not come back.

scottjones, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  3. NaughtyNeo

NaughtyNeo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know that the listing disappeared after you have added those links to your internal pages on your home page, then why don't you change it back to earlier condition and wait for the next crawl from google bot.
    Actually this could be pretty simple. Previously you had very few out going links on your home page and lot of incoming links. So your home page was ranking well. Now all of a sudden you have lot of out going links (pointing to your internal pages) on your home page. Now google will start thinking that those internal pages are important and start ranking them instead of your home page.
    By the way there is nothing like "your home page is penalized, but your internal pages are not." The worst think which can happen is a webpage going into supplemental result if it got substantial duplicate content. Even in that case, it is not a penalty.

-Neo

NaughtyNeo, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  4. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah everything is screwed up.... I was just thinking that too, about the keyword density..... but then im thinking, geez Im not even on the top 500 ..... I should be minimum #50.... at worst....... I changed everything back..... hopefully things go back to normal soon

LinkMasterFlash, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Haha yup so freaking true .... sure great products, great sites, theme / template developers and the like can build great natural links .... but some niches - you do need to go it solo and build your own links.

As for too many links in to short time theories .... that's BS .... I could (and you could) sabotage many sites with that technique.

Maybe it was a site restructure and key word density issue .... maybe it was just Google being a tosser.

thsadmin, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  6. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    it might be bcoz of sudden increase in amount of backlinks .

evolveforever, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  7. Michellylei

Michellylei Active Member

Best Answers:

pm me your site and i will see if i can help you.

some of my clients site got these problem too.

have you build many reciprocal links?

Michellylei, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  8. feras80

feras80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey, ur sick of content?
    think about it.. why ppl use a search engine??? to see ur site in the top ?? of course no.
    it's easy, just follow me :
    people use a search engine to get information; a doctor might be interesting to get some information about drugs or whatever. so the best content will get to the top. if ur sick hearing about content, then why dont u find another job away from SEs?
    cheers

feras80, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  9. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:
    No No No, I agree, Content is key.... however..... thinking building great content and people will link to you, and you'll get to the top of the SERP's is a bunch of B.S. ... im competing with 50 different real estate agencies who buy links all day long...... and no1 is going to link to me (or them) because we have great content..... people link to the newspapers, etc. ... anyways, its a bunch of B.S. because my site has the best and most comprehensive information but who the hell is going to link to me...

Ok anyways...

Yes it looks like I got hit with an automatic penalty for my homepage..... and Im hoping the next time it gets crawled i'll be back to normal!!!

One thing that's strange... Im still coming up on the 1st page for 1 keyword...... which is strange............. but that keyword was mentioned in the links manytimes..... so now im starting to think i ruined my keyword density and now maybe 1% of my targeted keywords are in the content as compared with much more before....

So maybe the lesson here is:

1) Don't fool around with the website too much when you're already ranking high

2) Keyword density is MORE IMPORTANT THAN I THOUGHT (I thought maybe backlinks, strong anchor text would take care of 90% of everything)

10. feras80

Best Answers:
    and do u think dell, cnn, nasa are building links for their websites? that really funny

keyword density has gone long time ago
    good luck getting ur serp back

feras80, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  11. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They have a solid rep' and are well known .... you can't compare those with a every day Joe Blow website .... unless your name is Britney Spears or Michael Jackson .... so I find it really funny that you even brought that up as a comparison ....

It has not .... density and positioning are still strong, along with H1eadings and correctly placed keywords .... the simple fact is if you are targeting Rudolph The Reindeer - then you need Rudolph The Reindeer as the main subject and as headings etc. for that page .... if density doesn't count - then go on and dump your keywords from your page and see what it ranks for after wards.

thsadmin, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  12. dubbs

dubbs Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing happend to one of my sites. My site ranked #1 for hundreds of keywords and then all of a sudden today it is no where to be found. I don't even rank for the company name. I can tell that I am not banned because I can see pages are still indexed in Google. The site is over 2 years old with many backlinks and pages. I am guessing that Google is in the middle of an update so hopefully it will come back soon.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

dubbs, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  13. feras80

Best Answers:
    whatever, linkbait is the best way to build links...
    Cheers :D

feras80, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  14. dipen2711

dipen2711 Peon

Best Answers:
    just wait for few weeks.....google is updating......this change may be the part of updation....just keep on building good backlinks....

dipen2711, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  15. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:

Yeah see that's crazy..... thing is, my competitors are still on there....

And that's good to see you were ranking #1 for 100's of keywords, because that was another question I've been wondering recently... if its possible for your homepage to rank #1 for 100's of keywords

16. Business Services

Business Services Peon

Best Answers:
    Link, I understand your frustration all I can say is, if you hang around long enough in this game you will at times find yourself on the wrong side of the curve.

I agree with your comments about adding good quality unique content to a website will not bring in a pile of backlinks, the problem here is misinformation and your interpretation, a common problem for people who trawl forums seeking to improve their knowledge.

Let me try and shed some light on what people are trying to say

If you add good quality unique content it will improve the sites situation with search engines over the long term, I wrote an article on this just yesterday http://www.businessservicesuk.com/businessarticle/Improve_Website_Traffic_84

If you want to use content to build backlinks (linkbaiting) you have to be clever, I use 2 methods. My articles can be published on other websites as long as my link is added and I have a successful directory that needs a reciprocal link for a submission. These 2 systems build backlinks for me, all be it at a steady rate. There are of course many other methods of link baiting, some have been successful, most don't work.

Generally speaking I see link building and adding content as 2 separate but crucial tasks in the long term development of any website.

As for your homepage dropping down the rankings, it is difficult to investigate this issue without viewing your actual website. Have you heard of the term Google bowling?

I hope things improve for you soon mate

Pete

Business Services, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  17. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's just reshuffling. I don't see why internal linking would be an issue if article directories normally do that anyways.

It's like the brain, breaking connections here and making new connections there all the time.

Augra, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  18. LinkMasterFlash

LinkMasterFlash Guest

Best Answers:
    I know one thing is for sure.... Im ready go to black hat...

My next sites, I am going to buy tons of links..... high PR links, all to get to the top of the SERP's

This site took all-day work and research to get to the top of the SERP's.... the next will be up in the blink of an eye

19. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, wait, don't make too many changes at once. Otherwise you won't be able to see what really caused the problem and worse yet, you might be penalised even more.

It is frustrating to lose rankings but each day it is getting more difficult to maintain rankings because of competition. However over-optimisation will kill all your efforts and can be a real hurdle to overcome if your site gets blacklisted. You have to play it safe with google and you're better off getting 1 quality link a week than 10 not-so-great links a day.

You're ready to go black hat, right? Tell me what exactly you can do that google doesn't know is black hat :) Even if you've got that secret black hat technique, i'd say make sure that by the time google finds about this technique (yes, they will find your black hat definitely!), you have made yourself a fortune because your site(s) will be blacklisted for a long long time.

fluid, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  20. Michellylei

Michellylei Active Member

Best Answers:
    plz pm me your site so that i can help you. there is different reason that google take your raking away and still index or rank your name. it depends. one of my client site get back in 0.5-1 month and gone again. one of my friend site never get back. it depends your information is less to answer.

Michellylei, Jan 9, 2009 IP