1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying a GoDaddy .info domain question

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Rebtl, Jan 7, 2009.

For a long time I have used hostmonster for all of my hosting and I have been nothing but happy with them.

The only problem I have is, all of their domains are $10. .com .info .us etc

So my question is, can i buy a .99 domain from godaddy, without buying any of their other crap, just the domain itself, and then just transfer the domain to my hostmonster account?

This would help me tremendously with squeeze pages because I want to create semi-professional pages with their own domain instead of having to use blogger/WP, but I can't really justify spending $10 bucks on a new .info domain everytime I want to test a new niche. .99 cent domains would make this possible.

Thanks for any help

Rebtl

Rebtl, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  2. UAA

UAA Active Member

Best Answers:
    after purchasing the domain you can not directly transfer it to another registrar, and also when you transfer a domain from 1 registrar to another you pay additional 1 year fee! But If you mean buying the domain from godaddy and changing it's name servers to poing your hosting account it is possible ;)

UAA, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    Rebtl likes this.
  3. Rebtl

Rebtl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the quick response UAA, could you explain more about changing the name servers?

Basically my goal is to be able to buy the .info domains for .99 cents but not have to pay anymore for hosting than I already am at hostmonster. Is there any possible way to do this?

Rebtl, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  4. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You just go and buy the .99 domain at GoDaddy. You set the nameservers (point them to your hosting account at HostMonster), addon a domain in your Cpanel and you're done. You don't have to pay anything...

dmi, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    Rebtl likes this.
  5. Rebtl

Rebtl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help UAA and dmi. I will start doing this immediately. I am going to have so many niche squeeze pages now!

Rebtl, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. UAA

UAA Active Member

Best Answers:
    great ;) but just keep in mind that the renewal fee for .info domains are not $0.99 they are almost the same with coupons you can renew in godaddy for $8.5

UAA, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    and dont forget the domains at godaddy the .info is just 99 cents the first year and 10 dollars after the first year.

phpwnes, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  8. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can take $0.99 from godaddy.But,you need to pay aditional $0.20 for icann fee.Total domain rate is:$1.19.Besides,after first year you need to pay $10.But,if you want,you can trasnfer domain hostmonoster.They will give aditional 1 year time.

bdprem.com, Jan 7, 2009 IP