1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it worth joining an affiliate program 'course'

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by abi, Jan 6, 2009.

Hey all!

I'm quite new to affiliate marketing.

I've tried it with azoogle and adwords -- but i could never make it pay.

I was close.. but as soon as i removed the keywords that were getting the clicks but cost too much, i was left with no clicks and no leads :(

If for example i would get LOADs of clicks for "Train set" (but the word cost more then it made), i could never find any close words that got any clicks or cost any less. "Cheap Train Set", "The best train set", etc -- all just cost the same, or got no clicks.

BUT, i really want to get this to work! :p

Is it worth jonining "WealthyAffiliate" or another one of them sites where they teach you how to do affiliate marketing? Or could i just buy an ebook or somthing, any advice on guides, sites that work with azoogle and adwords would be great! :eek:

Thanks for the help!

Abi. :)

abi, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. scorpion896

scorpion896 Banned

Best Answers:
    Affiliate programs can bring in alot of side income if you learn how to do it and put the effort in definatey invest your time in learning.

scorpion896, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find a lot of free resources about affiliate marketing in the internet, I don't think you need to spend money on it.

MoreNiche for example provides tons of guides and videos for the beginners and they are all free + a great support forum where you can learn a lot.

blichev, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. jsherloc

jsherloc Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I would start off slow with some simple article marketing and backlink building.

AdWords can be very tricky and COSTLY if you don't quite understand the ins and outs of what you are really doing.

Jim

jsherloc, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. typedrobin

typedrobin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Consider SFI please, SFI itself is an affiliate program too, join for free, and there are lots of training material inside which talking about how to marketing.

typedrobin, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  6. Kracow

Kracow Peon

Best Answers:
    Best "course" I ever took was 8 years ago when I talked to a guy that was just starting to make 6 figures, I drove out to his state spent the next week meeting him for lunch and dinner to just talk. Best $$ I ever spent.

Find someone in person that is real and try to have them mentor / coach you. The money you spend on that will far outweigh anything you can find on the net or from any type of static source.

Good luck!

Kracow, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  7. Widmaer

Widmaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey abi! Of course I'm talking from my point of view, but joining a membership course such as wealthy affiliate is only worth it if you are willing to put in the effort like any other programs or ebooks!

Now is it worth it in terms of what you pay and what you get? I can't speak for all of them but I'm a member of a few membership course and Wealthy Affiliate is one of them.

Yes you can get lots of free information everywhere , but nothing beats a paid program whee you can meet like minded people, top notch information and much more..

And quite often, those programs offers a way to offset the cost of the membership, with an in house affiliate program, and more..

To give you an exemple, I own many domains which I have to host... If you look around it comes out to $6 month..well wealthy affiliate offers free hosting for 3 websites. That's an $18 Economy right there. Nothing spectacular but great when you just starting in this business.

Hope that helps:)

Widmaer, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  8. Yep!Jamie

Yep!Jamie Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, don't pay for affiliate learning programs. There are tons of free blogs and forums out there where you can learn a lot to get started. Its a tough game when you first begin but you'll get the hang of it in no time. Just don't give up!

Yep!Jamie, Jan 6, 2009 IP