1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Ranking?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Sonal, Jan 6, 2009.

Hello All,

I have targeted atleast 20 keywords of my website. My website have good ranking in google and also in Yahoo but still have no ranking in MSN.

Please tell me how to gain ranking in msn. :confused:

Sonal, Jan 6, 2009 IP
    mohit115 likes this.
  2. mohit115

mohit115 Active Member

Best Answers:
    msn is usually the slowest of the three to index sites. Just wait and concentrate on good layout with genuine keyword rich texts. Sooner or later you'd move up in msn too.

mohit115, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    You should continue to build backlinks and your site will eventually receive
    good ranking in msn.

kingofsanda, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. ayaw

ayaw Peon

Best Answers:
    I think MSN Loves DMOZ, One of my site is listed at DMOZ. I have no traffic from google and Yahoo, but I got many traffic from MSN.

From the search on this forum, there are many advice from our mates here to get listed in bussiness.com, botw, Yahoo! dir. That's mean MSN give big value to those quality directory.

Anyone Agree with me ?

ayaw, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you could be right ayaw but Im not sure there only ranking factor is just DMOZ, keep link building and sustain your google and yahoo postitions and you should also get well ranked on MSN. It will just take a bit longer.

HydroJohn, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  6. mikydee

mikydee Peon

Best Answers:
    yep i agree just keep building more links, and also create a msn live blog and put your links in there :)

mikydee, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. mishraonnet@gmail.com

mishraonnet@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    msn still works on old theme like title, description and keywords of your site. But most important think is that your meta tags, your content should be keywords rich but when you will stuff keyword in description and title and keywords tag then it is possible that you can lose your ranking in google. :)

mishraonnet@gmail.com, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  8. NaughtyNeo

NaughtyNeo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking in MSN in slightly different from Google and Yahoo. Generally if you target google you should do pretty good in yahoo as well, though yahoo gives more importance for on page optimization than google.

MSN is somewhat old school. If your domain is keyword rich it gives advantage. If your on page optimization is good MSN loves it.
    Here is a little secret: MSN is not as good as yahoo or google is detecting duplicate inbound links. ;)

-Neo

NaughtyNeo, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  9. Sonal

Sonal Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but not to agree in later i would be update in msn. Becuase i have another website but that is one first porsition either to google.

Yes of course the msn different from Google and Yahoo.

Sonal, Jan 10, 2009 IP