1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Geographic Performance Report has no Data

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by iblackhatter, Dec 11, 2008.

I was having good conversions on Yahoo and I feel confident about it because their system only targets USA and Canada. Then, I began curious about what regions/states and cities do my conversions come from so I tried running a report of Performance Geographic by Location and put it on daily schedule. I am currently running seven campaigns. The next morning, I tried to view the report but I cant see any data on it. I downloaded the csv file that they sent me in my email and there was no data in it too. Now I begin to wonder how accurate is Y's Geo Targeting (USA and Canada) and why can't I see any data on my geographic performance report? Can anybody give me a clue?

iblackhatter, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  2. YahooPete

YahooPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Our Performance by Geographic Location reports require that you geo-target at the state level or lower. In other words, if you just select an entire country (U.S. or Canada) as your geo-targeted region in a certain campaign, the report will not break out performance data by state or any other smaller region. Also, the reports only generate information for the locations that were targeted.

I hope this answers your question. Should you have any others, please feel free to post them here.

- YahooPete

YahooPete, Jan 5, 2009 IP