1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Confidence in Your Own Ability

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Sims2, Jan 4, 2009.

As I gather, to be quite rough, there are sort of two types of content providers. Those charging 'pennies per word' and those charging much more. To those charging much more, how did you have the confidence in yourself to know your work was worth that much more and that your writing ability was head and shoulders above those charging pennies per word to ensure you would keep getting orders, even with your significantly higher prices?

Thanks.

Sims2, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  2. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope this doesn't sound too arrogant: I sensed that my writing ability was head and shoulders above what I see on people's websites just from reading people's websites and cringeing quite a lot. I didn't know that I'd keep getting orders, but I knew that I certainly wasn't willing to work for the "minimum wage". (I get all the writing work I want - not an enormous amount - by personal recommendation, not by promoting it).

alexa_s, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  3. raycer43

raycer43 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have to ask, or if you're not sure if you're good, then you're probably not. Like Alexa said, look around the internet and compare you're skills to what you see. This will give you a good idea.

Good Luck
    raycer

raycer43, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  4. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    If writing a good article means stuffing the same with tough words, I guess I am not a writer. The main thing is making yourself understood in a way the other finds it easy to understand. There are countless websites that make no sense to me. Maybe the author(s) of those site have not been able to make themselves understand the way I want to understand.

parsibagan, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  5. gbartlet

gbartlet Peon

Best Answers:
    People who charge more don't necessarily have more confidence in themselves; their credentials speak for themselves. Everyone knows that what you pay for, you get.

If you think you have to charge less than a penny per word to get into this industry, chances are your client will not like what he gets. Clients view it this way, too. I would never hire someone who charges less than .01 per word to write my precious article.

gbartlet, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  6. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    Content writing or SEO or any other webmaster service - you typically get what you pay for.

99% of the cheap content providers are ESL and the other 1% are just doing it for a short-time at low prices to buy a new __________ and then they won't waste their time.

Oh, I forgot there are also quite a few scammers laced in there as well, they are selling spinned articles/posts

IC_IC, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  7. icon225

icon225 Peon

Best Answers:
    basically its all about reputation, if you offer cheap good quality services you can charge a little bit more, if you build a good relationship with your writing clients you get return work and recommendations

icon225, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  8. article marketer

article marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Part of charging more is also related to what you want to earn per hour. Someone who works for a penny per word is not going to make very much - depending on how fast they write. They would have to write a lot of articles each week just to make a living (at least in this country). Having to work so quickly also means less time for editing - poorer quality.

Taking pride in your work, too, will help you not to sell yourself and your talent so cheaply. Get some great samples, and potential clients will be glad to pay more for a better quality of product.

article marketer, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  9. letsbfrank

letsbfrank Banned

Best Answers:
    well if it's plausible, it's mainly just for content and back links i would of thought,

letsbfrank, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the content and backlinks in the world won't help if visitors don't find the information helpful or entertaining. You can have a PR9 website, but that doesn't mean you'll have sales or visitors coming back time after time to get their "fix" of what you have to say.

vgal, Jan 30, 2009 IP