1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone used PRWeb.com's services

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by prospects, Jan 2, 2009.

I'm thinking of paying for my press release to be released on prweb.com. Anyone used their services? Which package? What did you think?

prospects, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  2. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used their Basic Visibility Plan ($80) and more often a custom plan (cheaper). Basic Plan gives many links from news related sites. Not giving to many visitors.

I suppose the bigger package is choosen the better. Their Social Media Visibility Package distributes article to industry sites and, bookmarking sites and blogs. I think I will choose that package for my next news distribution.

arrisweb, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  3. alfalogic

alfalogic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used them for one of my clients. I paid around $200 for the package and yes, the press release was published in many media sites and portals. Don't really know how much it helps in real traffic, but for backlinks and some sort of link popularity it helps.

I think if you're just starting up and if you have your services/products ready, that's a good place to start, because it blasts the news about your company and its products/services at once and I think there isn't any better SEO or marketing technique that could do so at once (And for a starter company).

But if you are not starting up, I guess there are many other methods to promote your site.

alfalogic, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    prospects likes this.
  4. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What expectations you have?

If you have a *really really really* good story, then it might be worth trying... otherwise I'd reconsider it

Game Producer, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    prospects likes this.
  5. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    I have used them before it didn't boost my traffic but gave me a tone of back links.

Sharpwebhosting, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  6. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used them a couple years ago right after I launched a site. I think I paid $40 which allowed me to track my stats. I got alot of backlinks and a bunch of visits for a little while after it was released.

river, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    prospects likes this.
  7. scms7683

scms7683 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use PRweb's social media visibilty package and I like the results. They make it very easy to target specific keywords in your release, and they basically give you step by step instructions to help you best optimize. Lots of backlinks as a result and for the cost, it's well worth it.

We did a big release last year and used PRnewswire which is hardly as search engine friendly and the story showed up in the most random places. Seriously, Yahoo UK Finance cares that we hired Pat Summerall as our spokesperson?

As far as SEO friendly PR services, prweb is the best one. And they make it easy to embed videos and other types of media in the release as well. In my opinion, well worth it for the cost.

Sarah

scms7683, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    prospects likes this.
  8. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    I used their service before and go for the basic plan - $80.
    There's a lot of pageviews on the site itself but not too many of them actually came and visit my site.

SEOTherapy, Jan 4, 2009 IP
    prospects likes this.
  9. prospects

prospects Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks all for the info, a really useful range of experiences and opinions there. I could do with the backlinks so will do this, but only when my site is really ready and I've actually got something news-worthy to say. At the moment it would look like one of those typical free press releases about nothing, just for the sake of it.

prospects, Jan 4, 2009 IP