1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of specs does my server need?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by bigrollerdave, Jan 4, 2009.

Okay I used to run quite a few large sites so I had a somewhat beefy server. Now that I sold those sites off I have just a few smaller sites left. Here is what my main site does for this server

It's a phone wallaper site so tons of images but usually smaller then 100k in total size.
    1,500-2,500 uniques a day
    10-15,000 pageloads

This is the server I have now and t runs 140$. I think it's more then I need for a small site like the one I have now.

Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz HT
    Memory: 2gb

What do you think I can run my new site on and keep speeds relatively smooth? I'm looking to decrease my 140$ price tag.

Thanks

bigrollerdave, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  2. Ahlera

Ahlera Peon

Best Answers:
    A $50 VPS should be able to handle that with no problems.

Ahlera, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  3. Jafhost

Jafhost Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend a bigger VPS package, or a semi-dedicated plan. However, i do think that you can get that server at a much cheaper price elsewhere.

If you want hand holding and don't want to worry about managing a server - Get a semi-dedicated
    If you want to have your own server - Just look for a cheaper dedicated, i've seen plenty with much better specifications at a cheaper price point.
    If you are happy to share a beefy server - VPS

Jafhost, Jan 4, 2009 IP