1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR Before Indexing? I give up!

Discussion in 'Google' started by flagday, Jun 21, 2006.

I am fortunate to have come to web development at such a tumultuous time!

I built my first site in April, the homepage now has a PR1, but there are no pages indexed.

is this normal? PR before indexing?

I thought it went: Crawl -> Index -> PR

flagday, Jun 21, 2006 IP
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  2. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think if there are number of incoming links, and google hasn't indexed the page (crawled contents of the page), still there are chances of PR.

Is there anybody who has support or disagree comments on this? :confused:

seolion, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  3. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Site: query brings nothing, but Google admits that's broken, so who knows?

But still, I have a sitemap, and it is downloaded almost daily, and it does indicate that my site has been crawled. But it states that no pages are indexed.

I just didn't expect to see PR1. I thought that what I see had to do with toolbar upgrades, not the site itself.

flagday, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It can take a while for the indexed pages to show up.

Are any of them cached?

In the sitemaps section you can see crawl and index stats. What do they reveal?

sarahk, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  5. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Diagnostic tab:

Indexing summary:

No pages from your site are currently included in Google's index. Indexing can take time. You may find it helpful to review our information for webmasters and webmaster guidelines. [?]

Googlebot last successfully accessed your home page on Jun 17 .

Statistics tab:

Crawl Stats:

successfully crawled (bar about 90%)
    http errors (about 10%)

Note: all pages have 4 errors according to w3c, all of which are added by my host for stat tracking.

My homepage cache is there, but it looks like it misreads the CSS. That is, it divides things properly left-to-right, but vertically things are skewed.

I'm in no rush, though. They'll get it right.
    :rolleyes:

flagday, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  6. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    Was the domain name registered before , perhaps it has some old links before you registered the domain .

seopup, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  7. flagday

flagday Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses. It's good to know that it wasn't just me that finds this a bit odd.

It's all a bit academic because the site is so new and traffic is so sparse.

Yes the name was registered before, but it was parked ("this domain name is for sale") for close to five years according to archive.org. When I first published the site there was a PR0, and it has gone up to 1 some time in the past week or so.

It had no backlinks that I'm aware of.

Sitemaps claims that the site is mostly (long green bar) under the "Successfully crawled" cartegory, while a portion of the site (short green bar) says "HTTP errors / Not found". When I click on either of those links, it says "We have no errors to report. We crawl regularly, so check back later to see updates."

I probably should have mentioned that a link:domain.com search returns no results. (about 40 Yhoo links, mostly directories)

I thought PR was a function of link popularity. Why would my page have any PR at all if there are no links to it according to G? Seems strange to me.

flagday, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  8. jojo89

jojo89 Guest

Best Answers:
    PR are built by the PR of your backlinks. It is normal for it to be awarded first.

jojo89, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  9. m93rd

m93rd Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the same boat as you :(

m93rd, Jun 24, 2006 IP