1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

twitter this & twitter that ??

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by mikemason, Jan 2, 2009.

OK I've been with DP for awhile but this is my first time in these threads...
    for getting traffic / marketing whats with all the twitter stuff I'm seeing on the net?

I always thought of myspace for kids & friendspace for older kids... now there's twitter? *Please mind I'm 44 & most people online to me is a kid :)

So if I start working twitter will it help my site?.

PS: if anyone's got an ebook on using twitter... like getting friends, getting found, getting traffic to my site, please shoot it over to me :)

mikemason, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know about an ebook how to use it but this guy explains it pretty good in his videos I think.

Social Media

Twitter

Sensei.Design, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Umm... no?

:D

Twitter is a micro-blogging tool. Some people think it's the best invention since the sliced bread (I believe Shoemoney falls into this category btw - according to his latest newsletter.. he got some useful thing what twitter can do), but I personally think Twitter is... twitter. Micro-blogging tool hosted in somebody else's server.

I'd recommend working on your site. Read stuff like this about getting traffic - good luck!

P.S. Your site loaded reaaaally slow for me, I'd consider getting a better host for starters. Secondly, you are selling a book about getting PR7 site? Without knowing you, these smell bit fishy.... :) If I were you, I'd consider putting more content made by you. Good luck with the site!

Game Producer, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  4. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a pointless waste of time for marketing. It is microblogging - bitesized snippets of nonsense for the brain dead generation, nothing more.

I confidently expect to see it bought out and turned into something more useful in 2009, either that or they will fold as they realise its not monetising.

thefandango, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  5. trafficwave

trafficwave Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! Whatever you do, don't tell those of us that are using it productively! We're so stupid, we think these new contacts, leads, and sales are worthwhile!

trafficwave, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  6. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Your totally wrong guys,

I have been using twitter since beta. If you could use it correctly you could redirect the feed of traffic = Followers in to your website. If you don't know how to use twitter benefits learn it "my advice". Twitter has a range of users from 18-50 Demographics of 62% male and 38% female "These stats are from networkz". I have about 2.2k followers and most of them are my blog readers. I could redirect them where ever I want. Microbloging is another way of marketing. I don't think Twitter is a social network api, but they say it is..

hlln, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  7. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter followers are close to what could be said about 'rss feed readers', but they are not close to 'newsletter subscribers'.

Everybody uses emails (and read them), but there's a difference between having 1000 twitter followers and 1000 newsletter subscribers.

Not that there's anything wrong with Twitter, I simply don't see how it's 'better' than for example newsletter.

Game Producer, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    hlln likes this.
  8. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, everything has its own purposes. Of course 1000 Newsletter subscribers are much more worth then 1000 twitter followers. But the usage of twitter allows Viral Marketing. Getting new customer or clients or people who have interest within your products is much more affective. I mean twitter it twitter that simply micro blogging life is between Blogs and internet website = micro blogging

hlln, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  9. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Just another opportunity is all... With so many sites just stick with the top ten tools or so. Twitter? Eh... I used tweetdeck to get traffic from twitter... Search feature is Insane!

staffsergeantpeterson, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  10. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some bloggers are using it to promote their site. Wherever social site you want to promote your site. Just keep in mind that you need to be active and enjoying it to be able to promote your site. If you can't enthusiastic and active then you can forget about it.

Chancey, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  11. nesebar

nesebar Peon

Best Answers:
    Free Twitter Bot

nesebar, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  12. UnmaskedCPA

UnmaskedCPA Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for that nesebar

UnmaskedCPA, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  13. eddysu

eddysu Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a twitter account too but have no idea as how to direct the followers to my blog? Do i need to have the tinyurl instead of the true url inside the updates column?

eddysu, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  14. ArfanCh

ArfanCh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have to agree with that, however some people keep twittering links to there blogs which is kind of annoying that i have to unfollow them every post they make they twitter it.

ArfanCh, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  15. rgmbh82197

rgmbh82197 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all.
    I think tweeter is great.
    You also can get a great tool tweetdeck.com

Let me know how you like it. I think it make tweeter easier.
    Try it out.

rgmbh82197

rgmbh82197, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  16. rgmbh82197

rgmbh82197 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I forget to tell you:

TweetDeck is an Adobe Air desktop application that is currently in public beta. It aims to evolve the existing functionality of Twitter by taking an abundance of information i.e twitter feeds, and breaking it down into more manageable bite sized pieces.

It's great
    rgmbh82197

rgmbh82197, Jan 4, 2009 IP