1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I forgot oscommerce password, can i use Mysql database to retrieve it?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by big-idea-guy, Jan 2, 2009.

I forgot oscommerce password, can i use Mysql database to retrieve it?

I tired to find it again using phpmyadmin, but I couldn't find it, help please!

big-idea-guy, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  2. chopsticks

chopsticks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't looked at osCommerce in ages, but as with most software it's probably stored in an encrypted form. Because of that you will be unable to recover it, but you may be able to reset it via the database. You will have to make sure that you encrypt it in the same way, otherwise it won't work.

chopsticks, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  3. yoemanspiffy

yoemanspiffy Peon

Best Answers:
    Had to do this once, here is what you can do:
    1. Create a new customer account. Used the password "PASSWORD" (or use whatever you want for a password it doesn't matter).
    2. Went in using phpAdmin or MYSQLFRONT and copied the (now) encrypted password from the new account to the admin account column(field) in the DB.
    3. Logged in with the new password. (reset your password of course once you are in!)
    This method has worked in OSC, PHPBB, etc., just remember that even though the password in the DB is encrypted, you can still copy it to other records. It in effect makes those records have the same PW as the one you just copied from.

yoemanspiffy, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. chopsticks

chopsticks Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^

You do realise that for things such as phpBB, and various other applications you can just use the functions provided by MySQL to fix the passwords in phpmyadmin? As such you select to use the md5 or sha1 function when you enter the value for the password.

chopsticks, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  5. yoemanspiffy

yoemanspiffy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, my thought was to give a solution that works and is easy. Since we don't know the experience level of big-idea-guy with sql I thought the old cut and paste would do the trick nicely.

yoemanspiffy, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. biztiger

biztiger Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure, but you can try PASSWORD() function of mysql to reset your password.

biztiger, Jan 7, 2009 IP