1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Actress-Pictures BIN Only - No Auction

Discussion in 'Sites' started by wrmineo, Jun 19, 2006.

I'm trimming down my load of sites and that could mean great opportunity for you.

Actress Pictures is a PR3 site and likely to increase in the next few weeks during the TBPR public update.

The site is not fully developed by enjoys great SERP in Yahoo! and MSN where more entertainment searches are done by the site's target demographics.

It is somewhat monetized, receiving about $3 a day, but the site is not being sold based on its income.

The site currently receives approx. 700 visitors a day.

No auction - first to verify a payment via PayPal of $750 is the new site owner; also, I would prefer to do business with a reputable DP member.

I have already done a site backup in tar.gz and ready to send to the new owner.

Domain is registered via GoDaddy; buyer is responsible for initiating transfer and any associated fee - it expires 28-September.

wrmineo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  2. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A few questions have been asked via PMs and I'll summarize here for others just in case:

Links - mostly from other sites that I own, which I will maintain for no less than 90 days to ensure the new owner does not take a hit. However, there's lots from DP too and those won't go away anytime soon ;)

Traffic http://actress-pictures.com/webalizer/usage_200605.html

ADDED:

No, the price is not negotiable.

No, I will not email individuals upon sale - first paid, first served; however, I will post "SOLD" when the event occurs.

Yes, I can continue to host for a few days if necessary - no rush, but not longer than two weeks/14 days.

wrmineo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  3. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've spoke to my webhosting and server admin and we can continue to host for a longer period if necessary, up to a full month. Any duration beyond that would be a mere $5 per month pre-paid.

wrmineo, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Nice site. I am considering, which usually means someone else will scoop it up before I decide. (damn Kobe site!)

browntwn, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  5. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've had more PMs in the last 2 days than I think I've had in the last year, so there's been some interest, but no one has coughed up funds yet, so you probably have some wiggle room for time.

Most of the PMs have been asking for a price reduction which I'm not willing to do. I'm not in a hurry to move the site as it pays for itself so if the price tag is hindering some, it's also to your benefit maybe.

The site is actually a DW starter page that I tweaked, so it'd be easy enough for someone to create a template.

For that matter, if it doesn't move/sale by the end of the month, I'm just going to create a Joomla skin out of the current design and begin to add to it.

wrmineo, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  6. chabbs

chabbs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I had seen this site for sale as a package deal with freshdames.com. Did the other site sell?

chabbs, Jun 20, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  7. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry, chabbs, I didn't see your question until this morning ...

FreshDames is still for sale, as a matter of fact, I'm looking for a broker to handle that promo, sale, escrow, etc.

I had advertised at Sedo that the right secured offered on freshdames would also get a package of actress-pictures and a few other genre related domains and websites, but I'm going ahead with the sale of the smaller sites and let freshdames go to a broker for its own, individual marketing and sale.

Actually, I need to change the description at Sedo - thanks for asking the question which acted as a reminder.

This site (actress-pictures.com) is being sold as a single entity without regard to any other website or domain that I own.

If you're interested in this one, send me confirmation. I had one buyer yesterday but they had a mere one post here at DP and got offended when I asked for funds confirmation - c'est la vie; not my loss.

Thanks again.

wrmineo, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  8. rsharrer

rsharrer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice site Rob,

but how do you come up with $750, I am not really saying it is not worth that but I am kind of wondering what makes it worth that.

rsharrer, Jun 21, 2006 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  9. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "receiving about $3 a day" and the traffic makes it worth.

honey, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  10. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $3/day times 30 days per month = $90/mo. 90/750 = 12% return on investment PER MONTH. That's 144% per year. I know that's simplistic, there are probably expenses etc., but you could borrow the money for purchase on a bad charge card and net out on the deal. If I had the slightest interest in or knowledge of actresses....

mhdoc, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  11. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Fair question. I honestly don't have any formula per se, I priced it below what I thought it was actually worth.

But let me be clear, I am NOT basing it on its current revenue so much as I am its traffic, SERP and potential for huge growth.

Actually, I went back to my AS account and ran a channel filter and the daily revenue is not even $3 a day - it's actually a bit, but not much, less.

The site's not being sold based on what's there so much as the potential it has.

As honey somewhat pointed out, it's biggest feature is the traffic it is receiving.

Do an MSN or Yahoo search for actress pictures and check the SERP.

Most entertainment searches are done at Yahoo! and MSN.

For no more content and links that the site has, here are a few examples of its power as it currently site:

Jessica Biel pictures in MSN brings this small site up in the top 10.

Christina Aguilera Pictures -MSN top 10 (#5)

Actress Pictures - #1 result in Yahoo!

It wouldn't take much to propel this site into even greater efficacy in all engines.

If it doesn't sell at the listed price, so be it - it's paying for itself already.

Actually, if it's not sold shortly, I'm withdrawing it and I'll take the time to move it over to a CMS, build it up and exploit the traffic.

Thanks for the questions and feedback!

wrmineo, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  12. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, I think I will BIN it. As simple as it sounds, Sold for BIN.

honey, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  13. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats honey and thanks.

Email me via my profile; I'll have my server guy coordinate with you to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Thanks.

wrmineo, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  14. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Congrats both. Damn me again. Well, I was out of cash until the 1st. Just started a new job and had to blow the 1st check on new suits.

You both have some nice celeb sites, I am jealous, in the good way.

browntwn, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  15. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    browntwn:

Thanks on the congrats and the compliments.

I've been there with the timing and resources not being in the right place in the right time, so you get my sympathy and empathy ;)

I have a few others (celeb genre sites) that I'm considering dropping out of my inventory - shoot me a PM or an email via my profile - I'll give you first look and chance if I move that direction in the next few days.

honey:

This is a brand new site, but I've thrown a link on Hilary Duff fan site for actress pictures for you ;)

wrmineo, Jun 22, 2006 IP