1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Longer domain with more search options better then shorter?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by thechangelephant, Jan 1, 2009.

Hi, I need some advice.

I'm thinking of starting a website, which do you think is better and will get more traffic from searches etc. Give reasons.

1. i keyword a keyword

OR

2. keyword keyword

3. i keyword keyword

I'm thinking that the longer one will do better because there are more search terms in it then the shorter.

People may search for eg, how do i create a book, which has the phrases 'create a book', 'create book', etc

However, createbook.com or icreatebook, is that better or worse then howdoicreateabook, maybe its worse because it contains less search phrases am I right?

so basically, in theory, will icreateabook.com do better in google than createbook.com or icreatebook? (book thing is just an example)

thechangelephant, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    Hoster1983 likes this.
  2. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as know, thechangelephant, having keywords in domain name for better ranking is a myth. SERP all depends on content and better utilization of SEO techniques. But if you insist on having keywords in domains, I suggest going for the longer, readable and understandable name.

For illustration, if your site is about creating ebooks, go for the name "creatingebooks.tld". Why?
    Many people have the habit of putting the suffix ".com" even after the search term. Yes, I have seen that happening. So you may attract some accidental traffic too.

I guess MSN takes domain name into account when ranking websites, so you can target the first page in MSN to attract some organic traffic.

Good luck :)

Hoster1983, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. jasmor81

jasmor81 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have saw some very long key words ranking for some very competitive key words in google. I think it is all content and seo. I have some horrible domains ranking in the top 10 also

jasmor81, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. jiggymehta

jiggymehta Peon

Best Answers:
    I too prefer shorter keywords..they are always easier to remember and market

jiggymehta, Jan 2, 2009 IP