1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hostgator Hosting inode Question

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Gomar, Jan 1, 2009.

I come across that hostgator will take your account off the backup list if you exceed 50,000 inodes and possibility even suspend your account

As a noob to this kind of stuff can anyone tell me what an inode is and should I be worried? And also is there any way to check if how many inodes you have.

Thanks in advance

Gomar, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. fairuz.ismail

fairuz.ismail Peon

Best Answers:
    from hostgator "...Every time a file is created on the server or uploaded, an inode (index node) is created, which contains information about the file and identifies it on the system. Because server reliability is the number one concern, we recommend limiting your usage below 250,000 inodes. Furthermore, if inodes in your account exceed 50,000, then ONLY your databases will be backed up on our weekly backup schedule. Static files will not get backed up. This is usually not a problem unless, for some reason, your account is cluttered with unnecessary files...."

fairuz.ismail, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. fairuz.ismail

fairuz.ismail Peon

Best Answers:
    you can check your inodes in the cpanel. Dont worry about the inodes if it didn't exceed 250k =)

fairuz.ismail, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    Gomar likes this.
  4. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's on the left hand side of your cpanel.

micksss, Jan 1, 2009 IP