1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penalty for Asking Visitor To 'Click On Sponsor'?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Motelsex, Dec 31, 2008.

1. gskesavan

gskesavan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats called coercion... you are not supposed to force people to click on ads as it is against their TOS

gskesavan, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. Shahabkhan

Shahabkhan Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend ...don't try to cheat google!
    Because it's smarter than us!
    This is what Google says about itself.

Shahabkhan, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. Scar

Scar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no problem using "shady" techniques to manipulate Google, but when you start robbing other affiliates by making them pay you for that sort of worthless, watered down traffic, that's where I draw the line.

Scar, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen sites telling users why they show ads in an attempt to gain the sympathy and get clicks, but as previously stated, it goes against the TOS of Google... why not consider joining an affiliate company and ask visitors to participate in CPA ads?

Grit., Jan 1, 2009 IP
    321global likes this.
  5. 321global

321global Peon

Best Answers:

this is great honest info

we must this in a sense as if We run a company and want things operating in a correct honest manner instead of with generic methods

good luck

321global, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  6. Ohnoitsjamie

Ohnoitsjamie Peon

Best Answers:
    Read the TOS MOTELSEX! Rather than asking your question here, ask it of Google. You ask it here because you DO know the answer.

And for the record, I will report this as well if I find it on your site!

Ohnoitsjamie, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  7. Motelsex

Motelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW!!!

Where do i begin with this next reply??

(1) - First off - for the FOURTH time now - i will say I WILL NOT DO THIS ... i was ASKING you great people what you thought. I have not given anybody a hard time about the answers and have have even AGREED WITH YOU ALL

(2) - munnakv - THANK YOU for actually 'getting it'... and yes - this post has EXPLODED, so many users are looking to throw a signature in here, so i'm ok with that ...but what's up with...

(3) - Ohnoitsjamie's - Relax man ... you are more than welcome to monitor my site and see if i do this ... Did i originally think that it seemed a bit wrong? .. YES... have i seen it done all over the web - YES.... did i come here asking for advise before even trying this method...YES ... did i read through every bit of google's TOS .. NO, i have not (i'd rather hear from the guys in the trenches)... have i now been 'labeled' a villain in the process of genuine curiousity...YES .... so calm down man - i'm only asking ...

(4) - JohnS0N... can't really say i 'intended to steal' - that's just a bit too harsh - i understand the 'truthfulness', (and thank you), but really, that's why i'm here - to get answers - from REAL people... i explained my thought process as to why i thought that maybe, MAYBE this would not have been the worst case:
    and i have also stated previously how i thought that i DID think this :
    (5) - gskesavan .. you are correct with this .. this would be considered 'coercion' (although, coercion and 'forced' are not the same thing)

but in the process of being bashed around... and have no worries for me.. i'm a big boy who brought this on myself ... i accomplished what i wanted in the first place ...

i got a GREAT IDEA from somebody...and google TOS wasn't going to give me that...
    ...so BIG THANK YOU to:

(6) - Grit. ... who actually offered an IDEA:
    This sounds pretty legit, no? .. unless i am mis-understanding this, but this suggestion sounds like a good one - honest and legit, and you have to like the word 'participate' .... good stuff, and THANKS for thinking of an alternative rather than a way to sling mud... i DO appreciate it.

- - - - - - - - - -

but in case anybody was wondering..
    i will say again ...
    for a FIFTH TIME NOW..

I WILL NOT DO IT!!!!
    I was ONLY asking.

(better?)

Motelsex, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  8. warezuser

warezuser Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, it's funn to see how ppl have to defend themselves so hard for only asking a question without actually having done anything :)

people should stop preaching to each other and give usefull answers instead. I think everyone needs to decide for himself what is wrong or right..

warezuser, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  9. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great, as long as everyone can follow rules set forth in a program everyone is participating in! If not, then everyone shouldn't sign up and agree to read and abide by a program's rules/terms.

The thing I hate most about most "terms of service" is that the right is reserved to change them without notice - (so check back frequently!), then, once I've gotten my phd on their TOS, the terms of service get a bunch of changes added to them six/12 months later and I totally wind up forgetting which rule is applicable!

*looks around, exclaims, Where am I?*

Karen May Jones, Jan 1, 2009 IP