1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[WTH] Writers Who Can Write Rant (extreme) Articles

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by communityn, Dec 30, 2008.

Frustrated at how things are? Can you put your frustration into words? If you have answered yes then you are the one I'm looking for. I need a good rant article writer who can write creatively on social /personal issues and which can be interesting to read (don't just use the F's and B's just coz u have to). If you are up for it then do send me a short sample (i cant accept anything other than rant articles as sample as I will not be able to judge your work based on other niches). Prefer writers from the US/UK. It's not that I wouldn't consider anyone else. You just need to be good at it. Make sure your samples are good and if selected I expect you to maintain the same quality consistently. Include your price too.

Cheers

communityn

P.S. - Do not send me PM with "send me more details, interested". All you need to know is right here in this thread. Send me PM's only if you are serious.

communityn, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  2. CrazyBoy

CrazyBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WTF? I smell a scam here. Its people like you who ruin good forums like this. I highly doubt that you will pay the guys who write the sample for you.

Even if you do pay, you people want to hire cheap ass writers for $1/article and expect them to be in "prefect" US English? Please stop running these sweat shops and don't take undue advantage of people in third world countries. That just so F***ing cheap. Maybe it’s just me, but I think people shouldn't be okay with other guys not being treated humanely.
    =====================================

PM me if you like the above rant :p :D

CrazyBoy, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  3. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What bothers me the most is people who request a sample of something someone has never written on! I mean what the hell? What makes you think we go around writing rants all the time? Do you think we have nothing better to do than just sit here all day and write down everything that pisses us off? We would never get anything done! It would be a full time job just to write down the stuff that makes us angry!

For instance, right now I would be writing about the free stuff on Craigslist. How come the people always give away stuff to other people? I mean they just posted the stupid free tv/vcr combo 3 minutes ago. I'm sure I would have been the first person to email them! How can they reply that the item is already pending pick-up? Or why don't they even reply at all? I really wanted that stupid tv/vcr combo too! I could have used it for all those outdated VHS tapes we have tucked away in the closet! It would have sure kept my kids busy during their vacation this week!-- See there is another whole subject I would have to open up another document for! I'll never get any work done!

It's doubtful anyone would take the time to open up their WordPad every time something upsets them. Why don't you ask for a sample from someone's MSN logs? That is where the real ranting takes place. Between two people, not just one.

MaryMary, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  4. GetYourWriter

GetYourWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There are too many people that want a sample to be submitted to them, and they require it to be on the subject that THEY ARE SEEKING. Many writers don't like to do this, just because it isn't putting any money in their pocket. Not only that, but what if the sample were to be stolen? Then it's definitely a loss. I will just put this blunt, if the writer hasn't written on that topic, they will waste their time writing a sample, whereas they could spend that lost time making money from people that are willing to pay them right then and there. This is just my opinion though.

GetYourWriter, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  5. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't really care if you are bothered or not with people requesting sample. If you are unable to write any sample or do not have any experience on the topic requested, you should just move on rather than throw in your useless 2 cents.......

@Mary - don't take it too personally (just wanted to let you know that ranting samples can be found right here in DP threads ;) )

@crazyboy - Good try.

@Getyourwriter - you are new in here and have zero itrader (not that i've been her long) and you say you just don't believe in writing samples to get some work. Think again!!!

For the benefit of all those who have been hesitating in writing a samples, let me tell you this. Sample does not mean you write an entire article. If you have written on the topic requested previously, you could send in a snippet of that article and if the topic is new to you then you might as well write 100 -150 words (that's about 5 -6 lines). You could also leave a post like how @crazyboy did. Now that's a smart thing to do!!! Everybody know what you have written and person who hired you cannot use it without paying you!!

I think those who don't approve of writing/sending their samples should not be in this field.

neoloves? - is the one who is currently working on this assignment. I'm looking for another writer. In case you are not comfortable sending the samples, vent out your anger on this thread and i'll pick the I feel can do the job.

Thanks for going through this..... blow your lid up NOW!!!

cheers,

Communityn

communityn, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  6. DrewAnderson

DrewAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think those who don't approve of writing/sending their samples should not be in this field.

Please. "Write me a sample on this topic I'm looking for!" is one of the oldest scams out there. "Don't write custom samples" is one of the oldest pieces of freelance writing advice out there. Custom samples may be good for buyers, but it's a bad business practice for writers. If you're genuinely interested in working with freelancers, learn to understand the industry from our perspective as well as yours, and you'll find that things go far more smoothly.

DrewAnderson, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  7. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I suggest you read the entire thread again. I have not requested for an entire article to be to be sent as a sample. FYI - samples mean a small write up and not an entire article (it can be new/previous work depending on your experience in that particular niche). If you can't market your work effectively you are no good. Since you have mentioned that people ask for samples and most of them are scams, I'd like to know how many articles have you sent as samples???? (maybe the guy just rejected your samples and kept asking you for more samples and you just kept on sending him :D ). Wake up!!!

I just loved what you said. Come over to my office you are hired!!! :) I'd like to sit with you and understand your perspective..... we'll discuss all the problems that you have been facing in the freelance world and how to overcome them....Dude! which world are you from? Can't write (or even read ) a 100 words sample and expect to be hired just because you say freelancer is something which is not going to work. You seem to be new in here, spend some time and find out buyers who buy articles regularly and have good reputation (itrader is meant for that). Still if you feel its not worth writing a sample and you should be hired just becoz you say you are a freelancer, I see you have a good future in freelance writing...All the best. ;)

cheers,

communityn

communityn, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  8. hedgehog

hedgehog Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have sent you a message and I eagerly await a reply.

hedgehog, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  9. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You realize that the post she wrote was a rant against writing rants right? I'm pretty sure she meant it as her sample.

myp, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  10. movidalatina

movidalatina Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL - Communityn I thought you wanted rants?
    those were rants--- Hellooooooo..wake up!!

movidalatina, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  11. WritingMaster

WritingMaster Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hahahahah maybe you guys should tell him a rant, sometimes its hard to determine lol

WritingMaster, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  12. DrewAnderson

DrewAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The answer would be zero, because I have more sense and professionalism than that.

It is! I've found excellent clients here, and don't spend much time trawling for new clients on this board because I don't need to. They accepted me based on my portfolio, and the one who wanted an extra screening paid me for the sample article. That's how the pros do it.

For fellow freelancers who are reading this thread and aren't sure what reasonable client expectations are, reading this forum extensively is the way to start. You'll find not only answers to basic questions, but links to blogs run by full-time freelance writers who are getting paid a heck of a lot more than one cent a word.

DrewAnderson, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  13. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow .. so you mean even if buyers don't like your samples, they need to pay for it...i don't want to be that professional and end up pay for all junk ... Get this into your head first... in case you haven't written on this niche earlier, only then are you supposed to write a short sample. :) Hope its clear this time....

@hedgehog - will let you know soon

@myp - I do realize that myp...thanks for pointing it out....all i tried was to make a point on MSN logs ;)

@movidalatina - Just woke up and having coffee...thanks for your awakening call. Need I say more??? :D

@WritingMaster - least bothered to comment on what you wrote...not even worth it...Looks like all you are trying to do is to increase your post count...

Happy New year to all :)

cheers

communityn

14. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Agreed with "CrazyBoy" this is pathetic really. People just want to earn big bucks, but don't want to spend a dime even.
    Respect skills and work mate, you'll gain the same. i mean common!!

Oranges, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  15. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    BS....you guys have time to write all the crap on this thread but can't post in 5-6 lines on the topic asked for ....pathetic...People looking for genuine work will definitely send in samples.... I've selected two of them who sent in their samples ...

Neoloves? - currently working on the assignment

Prideoflion - sent a sample and I like it... Hoping to work out a deal ...here's his sample. Posting it here for the benefit of people like "Oranges + crazy boy" who think they should be hired just coz they are freelancers...Here you go

"Abortion is the result of mass amounts of bipartisan failure and worried parent syndrome.

Republicans constantly complain about ‘don’t kill the babies oh no!’ and democrats like to throw in the ‘teaching children about sex is bad for their delicate minds!’ to the point that nothing is being done to really and truly prevent abortion.

Meanwhile, as the republicans and democrats go back and forth leaving the population to fend for themselves, we get parents yakking about how their kids don’t need to be taught this or that. Sorry mommies and daddies, but you don’t get to cherry pick what your kids learn in public school.

If you want to do that, send them into the intangible world of private schooling....."

cheers

communityn

16. spunk999

spunk999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sounds like an interesting project! This is my sample (a previously published piece) - am always interested in creative writing projects (yes, ranting takes a very high level of skill and creativity, thank you :D):

--------------------------------------------
    A Shout Out To All The Haters

One of my favorite movie scenes is out of “The Wedding Singer” when a critic tells Adam Sandler that his band sucks and he responds by yelling “Well I have the microphone so you will listen to me!!” I think about this scene when I read some of the mail I receive. I continually get some great supportive emails from our readers, but I know that it is the ignorant letters from people who have no lives that everyone wants to hear about. Sit down. Grab a cup of latte (does anyone really drink that stuff?). Join me on a journey through my email box.

“Indian women are always saying that Indian guys are mama’s boys, maybe it’s because we know what real women are, and the current generation of Indian women are not that. They are not women, they are little girls. So instead of you saying “hey baby, can you spare a dime, maybe we should be saying, hey baby, can you get some class?”

I actually don’t have anything against “mama’s boys.” I actually like the “mama’s boys” because they clearly demonstrate their commitment to family. I think “mama’s boys” are cool, as long as they have jobs. I always tell people that Indian women fall into two categories: the classy ones and the slutty ones. Maybe you are not hanging out with the right women.

“Hello Ms. Trivedi. I get the India Tribune every week and I have read your column regularly. I was aghast to read: “as Indian Hindus, we seem to know blind hate on a first name basis … we are all guilty of making prejudgements against Muslims.” These statements are to my mind appalling and slanderous! What data do you have to support these bold and sweeping statements?”

What was I thinking? I don’t know where I came up with that ludicrous idea that there is tension between Hindus and Muslims. My bad.

“Umm … It’s Auntie, not Anti. Learn to spell and learn some grammar. Back up your opinions with some facts. Your writing is horrendous and your views degenerate indians and women specifically. You money hungry slug.”

I believe that Indians should be capitalized and “You money hungry slug” is a sentence fragment.

“Your last article is so extremely inappropriate that I have to speak out on behalf of most First Generation Indian Americans who are not as ignorant and materialistic as the writer of “Its My Generation.” I happen to be a 32-year-old female physician of Indian origin …”

Blah blah blah. Doctors are not allowed to comment on being materialistic. At least not in my column.

“I am a 17-year-old female, American-born Desi, and I am deeply offended by your article. I find that your generalization that all Indian guys are cheap is not only offensive, but wrong. If females can demand equal pay and equal education and work opportunities, and women can choose to work instead of stay home and take care of children, then men should not and can not be expected to be the sole financial supporters. Things are changing for the better for women, and they should be changing for the better for men as well. Marriage is not a pragmatic and expedient endeavor; it is a union of love, of understanding, of compassion. Therefore, I consider it irrational to consider economics a priority. A lack of money can be overcome, but a difference in personalities, interests and values can not. Is it not more significant, then, to search for a man who is compatible, not one who will pay the bill?”

Ahhhh, to be 17 again. Live a few more years and perhaps you too will just want it all. Yes, of course love, understanding and compassion is important. That is a given. But the guy should also have money and be hot. Don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve.

spunk999, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  17. rahul123

rahul123 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "Having professional degrees is not enough nowadays. Young & fresh minds have to tackle a great deal with the irresponsive social & administrative institutions. Its all rubbish saying quality education build successful career,
    Even professionals at the job have a typical mindset that is non- cooperative.
    This attitude to demean colleagues and establish superiority is absolutely pathetic. People behaving in rude manner should be given tight slaps. Such behaviour should be completely banned and untolerated hereafter".

rahul123, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  18. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello guys,

I'm back with the rant stuff.....Need few more quality writers who can come up with quality rants & raves (i'll provide the topics). Drop me 5 lines as sample (sample can be of your choice), your cost/word and your turn around time. Do not contact me in case you are new to writing rants.

Thanks,

communityn
    P.S. - include your IM contact details

communityn, Aug 1, 2009 IP