1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternatives to PayPal?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by www.goodinvestment.info, Dec 29, 2008.

I do not trust Paypal with my credit card, full stop! No matter what they try they will never get my credit card! Let them beg scheme what have you, PayPal is on the black list and if ever become super powerful I will crucify any person who ever worked for PaySatan.

The problem is that they told me I do not need a credit card to use paypal and for a while everything worked fine. But now they say that they NEED my Credit Card to verify my Location! If I don't give the my credit card number they will keep account blocked! SO THAT IS BAIT and SWITCH AT PAYPAL!

Secondly their justification for wanting my credit card number is Stupid. How can my credit card number help them verify my location?

Thrdly what is the point of Paypal if I have to give them my credit card? I can use my credit card online as much as I want by myself.

I will look for alternative to PaySatan. If you know any good ones please let me know. PaySatan will be out of my life for good.

www.goodinvestment.info, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. TheHappyInternetMan

TheHappyInternetMan Banned

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers - moneybookers.com
    LibertyReserve - libertyreserve.com
    Alertpay - alertpay.com
    E-gold - e-gold.com

TheHappyInternetMan, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Money bookers is a good option....
    I am optimistic even about google checkout but I have heard that it is only limited for US and UK citizens...at least as of now.

Hope to see it expanding its reach pretty soon!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  4. drakul

drakul Active Member

Best Answers:

I use moneybookers and I don't live in UK or USA.

drakul, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. zebno

zebno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers is a good alternative if you are not happy with paypal.

zebno, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. Stomp

Stomp Active Member

Best Answers:
    i mjust agree. GoogleCheckout allows only merchants from US (maybe UK also)

there is another merchant that has started a name and also caters for US
    merchants.

check out revolutionmoney.com
    might help if you are from the USA.

Stomp, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  7. Assault591

Assault591 Guest

Best Answers:
    Alertpay is second to none...
    but you also have

googlecheck out
    liberty Reserve
    Moneybooks

dont use e-Gold since they are in a lot of legal issues right now...

edit 100th post FTW

Assault591, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  8. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Looks like just another guy who doesn't like Paypal TBH honest Paypal is the best and most widely used Payment Processor online I advice you to stick with and give them your CC info so that they can verify your details and give your account back to you.. they usually Lock an account if they see suspicious things happening in the account like suddenly some big amount of money is transferred or something like that... this happens with everybody out there you are not alone :)

Anyways if you have seriously decide to Quit using Paypal then MoneyBookers and 2checkout.com are good alternatives not very good though :)

Zerosleep, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  9. technoguy

technoguy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont like paypal too but I have to use paypal as I have no other option, I have tried moneybookers and egold too but they are worst too.

technoguy, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  10. sampathsl

sampathsl Guest

Best Answers:
    Internet merchant accounts like 2CO,plimus,google checkout cannot be considered as alternatives to PayPal because you can receive money but cannot make payments to others. MoneyBookers,AlertPay, LebertyReserve are the most other popular internet payment methods. However I think there is no alternative to the paypal because other methods become useless when you deal with somebody who has PayPal only.

sampathsl, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  11. msinfo

msinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always use a real merchant account bundle as well like Nexcommerce.com, Echo-inc.com, FastTransact, etc.

msinfo, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  12. Poweremploy

Poweremploy Peon

Best Answers:

What are you talking about! Paypal Sucks, and they will freeze your hard earned money for any and every reason especially if you sell on Ebay.DOn't trust them.

Poweremploy, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  13. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have stated one thing right in which many refuse to say, with that being a "reason" to limit certain accounts. There is always a reason why accounts become limited with "hard earned" money or not. I have never had a problem and if you use your account correctly, you will have a lesser chance of anything happening.

hav0c, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  14. ptcanalyzer

ptcanalyzer Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say alertpay would be the bet alternative but i dont know about their security

ptcanalyzer, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  15. sampathsl

sampathsl Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't like to exhibit your credit card details to PayPal, there is another option for verification its your bank account. You can use 2CO, Plimus, SWREG for receiving payments from paypal users. They don't ask for your credit card details, but if you want to pay somebody who use PayPal you must use a PayPal account.

sampathsl, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  16. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers on top and then alertpay, e-gold or libertyreserve

phyza, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  17. jsoft

jsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Tried and very satisfied with moneybookers.Give it a chance!

jsoft, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  18. CineTube

CineTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal has a lot of alternatives. But it depends on your job or business, your location, your customers which alternative will be best for you.

For example, you can choose moneybookers.com but moneybookers.com monitors all the accounts and suspends the account if they found any suspicious activity.

CineTube, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  19. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was referring to google checkout and not moneybookers....

Moneybookers is fairly good, if only they became little more aggressive and pushed harder for more acceptance.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  20. dilluzionz

dilluzionz Peon

Best Answers:
    e-gold is not even accepting new accounts. And if you already have one, you may not be able to fund it, or spend or redeem anything you do have in it. Certain states in the USA ar not currently allowing spends or buys via e-gold. I know, I'm in one of them. I have money in e-gold and can't sell it, trade it, exchange it, or spend it. Even though I went through all of their identity confirmation steps. When I contacted them they said to wait it out, and if my state doesn't approve, they will deal with it then.
    No time frame as to how long this could take. This from their blog:

e-gold has approached every US state, and the District of Columbia, with either a license application or a letter requesting a determination as to whether a license is required in that state. Several states have indicated that e-gold should prevent customers from their state from using the system until a determination is made or a license granted. This meant that we had to implement programmatic modifications to selectively restrict access to Spend capabilities on a state-by-state basis. That part is done and deployed but the additional development task introduced some delay.

So you can't sign up with e-gold, and if you already have an account, you might want to log in and check your status.

dilluzionz, Jan 1, 2009 IP