1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reseller webhosting --help needed

Discussion in 'General Business' started by techboy4u, Dec 29, 2008.

hi all...i am planning to enter into reseller webhosting business..as i heard that it needs less investment i n the begining...i have googled and got a lot of info..

but it would be good if someone guide me how to start it or what are the initial steps?

techboy4u, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    QiSoftware, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  3. Jordan656

Jordan656 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a totally saturated market - there is NO WAY to make money unless you have a load of friends that will get hosting with you. There are millions of hosts, millions of resellers. Unless you can do something really special with your marketing theres very little point even starting...

Jordan656, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  4. miktor

miktor Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, I am a reseller but I own a web development agency and charge my clients to host their websites on it. It is very profitable since most websites don't take up much space and I just have the basic hostgator reseller plan.

miktor, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. Jordan656

Jordan656 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly what I do - a few of my own sites, my brothers and the odd one or 2 I make for someone else...

Jordan656, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Another working way for a reseller plan is to give it to your customers that you also offer other services to like web design and development. You will face a real challenge trying to promote your web hosting business to the wide web audience with the current competition which is unbelievable.

Clive, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  7. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    daily.co.uk are doing a free web reseller package at the moment seems really good my firends just ordered it.

lorddan01, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  8. brianranks

brianranks Peon

Best Answers:
    Reseller we hosting is a very tough business to be in. Actually the entire web hosting industry is very difficult. My firend has been in it for several years and onl make like a few hundred dollars per month.

brianranks, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea.But don't expect you can earn a living out of sales of hosting.
    You can only consider this as part time and side income.
    The reseller package is affordable today as you can start from as low as $50/years.
    Let put like this,if you sell each hosting for $10/year then you only need to sell 6 pack then you're in profit.
    For starting,you can search for the package at webhosting section.
    Then you can promote it at Webhostingtalk.

mentos, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  10. RagekiJohn

RagekiJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely check out web hosting talk. Well, you would first need a stable reseller account. I would definitely not recommend getting a reseller from an overseller or you shouldn't oversell yourself. For example, a host offers you 10TB bandwidth for $5/month. That host would only allow you to utilize maybe 20GB bandwidth and if you try to utilize anymore you would most likely be suspended for high server resource usage. If you go with a quality host, you will most likely not run into this issue. Oversellers are also hosts who offer you "unlimited" or "unmetered" diskspace and bandwidth on a shared/reseller account. If you really believe there is a such thing as "unlimited" resources then go around and look for an "unlimited" hard drive. Unmetered is real but that only applies to dedicated servers and VPS. You would also require a billing script and I would highly recommend WHMCS. That script would allow you to keep track of all your clients, generate invoices, automatically create user accounts, automated fraud check, support desk, and a lot more. If you require anymore assistance just feel free to contact me via IM or email.

RagekiJohn, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  11. techboy4u

techboy4u Peon

Best Answers:
    i am a newbie...kindly suggest me some good online business...

techboy4u, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  12. Jafhost

Jafhost Peon

Best Answers:
    A good line business? I suppose you mean a good online web host that offers resellers?

You need to be very careful. Look for one that suits you, that has a professional web site. Search for reviews (or if they are new, ask their staff questions), and if they are bad move on...

The reseller account you get can build your business, or demolish it if the resellers server is junk.

Jafhost, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  13. SSANZ

SSANZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not worth starting in the web hosting business, ive seen 20+ online friends fail at the same business venture.

SSANZ, Dec 30, 2008 IP