1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reciprocal links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by trancerocker, Dec 28, 2008.

I have a directory that is getting okay traffic (alexa rank is in the 300 k range). Currently my directory accepts 1 way free links, but I was thinking about changing it to reciprocal as a requirement. My question is, does Google counts reciprocal links against you now?

trancerocker, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  2. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    No its give little benefit when compared to one way link. Will be count opposit only exchange with spam or penalized site, its for one way links too

rena, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    dont do the reciprocal thing, it's like shooting yourself in the foot

contentboss, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  4. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think people submitting to directories prefer the non reciprocal links. You may find that you have many fewer submission if you require a link back. I don't think google will penalize a site for it though.

river, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. mauik

mauik Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. When I'm looking for directories to submit to, I'll immediately bounce off the site if I see the word "reciprocal" on the page. In fact, I try to weed out reciprocal directories with search language as much as possible.

mauik, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. jnamaya

jnamaya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate reciprocal linkage. and it seems that everyone that has a directory requires a link back in order to place your link. not me. you can actually submit your tech site at http://forevergeeks.com/directory and your link will be placed in the directory immediately without any link back. you only need to have a decent website.

jnamaya, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First thing I do when I open up a new directory is to eliminate all references to reciprocal linking.
    On the submit pages, nothing about reciprocating!

iowadawg, Dec 29, 2008 IP