1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Nintendo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  2. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    You're damn right! I have talked a lot about Google and how they don't know what they are doing and they do not do any kind of QA before they change anything, which means that we, the users of Google, are their BETA testers.
    I have been bashed on DP forum for saying it ("If you don't want to be a BETA tester, don't use Google then" and so on) but they don't do minimal QA to see that you actually get the expected result. It would be easy to do with a few select keywords. What is happening now is that they plug holes in their algo and when they do other sites are deleted also, not only spam sites!
    Google just sucks!

MikeSwede, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  3. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Um, no. He created all those domains just to SPAM Google and rack in a ton of cash!!!

Nintendo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  4. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Nintendo did you get those BH links ?? Pass on some to me too! Wanna see how to kill em wackos :d j/k

-Abhishek-, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  5. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Holly Sh*t he spider our sites and steal keywords then when you click on the link from google he directs you to another page, so they have 2 pages one for the bot, one for the user .

wissam, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So let me summarize:

1. There are widespread reports that a Google exec announces that Google is having hardware problems and is running out of database room.

2. numerous webmasters report significant reduction in pages indexed even for (or especially for) sites that are in conformity to Google's guidelines for webmasters (no black hat or gray hat practices), and the emergence or re-appearance of nonexistent pages in the Supplementary Index.

3. some guy calling himself "Nintendo" discovers a series of crappy MFA sites with billions of pages indexed.

Conclusion

Google indeed is running out of room and have come up with a uniquely original Google solution: Dump everything possible from the index to lighten the load and then repopulate the index with crap.

Big Daddy is introduced because of fears Google is getting full. Big Daddy is applied to correct this. Google is now full of crap.

minstrel, Jun 19, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  7. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    What he is telling us is that whatever Google says in their TOS what you can't do or shouldn't do is what he has done and it works just fine! Maybe we should have read their TOS a little bit better and come up with this way of optimizing our sites a little bit better.
    Maybe the TOS is just a roadmap telling us that "If you do this, then we can't handle it, so PLEASE don't do it". This guy is using 2 pages, one for the bots and one for a user. He is cloaking and he is spamming the index and gets away with it.
    As far as I can see then Google hasn't fixed anything but trying to fix the siet: command so sites does not show up anymore.
    You would think that if you do a site:.info (which is the most common TLD for these spammers since it is cheap to get one) that all these domains would show up but I can't see them anywhere out of 142,000,000 pages whic I think is strange and which leads me to believe that the only thing Google is trying because they don't know where to start looking is to try to fix the site command and try to fool us that they have removed spam sites...
    When I search for my site I find this domain, sfmkb.info and if I do a search for this doamin, sfmkb.info, it says it is not there but if I do a site:sfmkb.info then Google comes back with 46,500 pages.
    So, even if it looks like it is gone, the pages are not and I am sure it is the same with all of them. Google might fool other "normal" users who usually doesn't search for things like we do, but they sure don't fool us!!

8. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all of them are banned
    Your search - site:jkthy0.org - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    * Try different keywords.
    * Try more general keywords.

nvidura, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  9. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy is pretty smart..I tell you

You may hate him but if you knew how to spam like he did you would do it too.

IamNed, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  10. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    TheHoff, Jun 19, 2006 IP
    -Abhishek- likes this.
  11. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    The are just hiding the problem and not really doing anything about it! They just make the site command not show the site so it is not banned or anything. They probably just did a WHERE clause where it says and NOT LIKE '%spammer site name%' or NOT IN (spamsite1, spamsite2,......)
    SERP's are the same crap so we know their cached pages are not gone. It'll take weeks or months to get rid of them, but then again, new sites like that are most likely to show up again!!
    Now if they could get rid of scraper sites with stolen content from my sites then I'd be happy, but reporting them doesn't help! Google just say, "We'll add it to the pile and see what we can make out of it, and then we'll try to add to our algo....Oh shit... I guess your site disappeared to, OH WELL!:mad:

12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://baddatapush.com/ <--- hahahahahah :D

On a side note, I never knew a "bad data push" could cause only one set of crappy MFA sites to "apparently" have billions of indexed pages when they really aren't. AND give the site a 2000 alexa ranking and show results, (even though you claim the results aren't real) AND allow those 3 week old domains to show up in top 10 and 20 searches for keywords.

If it was a bad data push why punish the domains in question by deindexing them? I mean they didn't really have billions of pages indexed right? It just appeared that way because of a "bad data push". So why not just fix the data push instead of deindexing the domains?

Come on Google, spin the truth a bit, but don't flat out LIE to us. That's just insulting...

GeorgeB., Jun 19, 2006 IP
  13. Percept

Percept Peon

Best Answers:
    How long before we are going to get an official response about this Google ?

The question is, will there be an official response about this ? This 1 (?) spammer proofed singlehanded he can beat a team of hunderds of PHD's on their own area of expertise ... I wouldn't want to be onen explaining this to the press (Marissa Mayer ?).

If this doesn't affect GOOG then nothing will ... I don't understand mainstream media hasn't picked up on this yet. Maybe they don't understand the implications this has for the future of Google (I wouldn't be surprissed though, I explained it to friends and they didn't really get it either).

This 'bug' might be fixed soon (altough I doubt it) but a whole lot of people saw with their own eyes that you can beat Google, so expect a lot more people to try spamming from now on, in ways noone ever tried before simply because they didn't think it was possible.

Percept, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  14. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If Google doesn't take measures, its gonna go down for sure, I explained it to my co-workers and they got excited and what they said was lets start using yahoo or msn or yandex.ru

ludwig, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  15. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't hold your breath waiting for one. Various Google representatives have already announced several times over the past couple of months that the problem is "fixed" and that for the most part webmasters, not Google, caused the problem. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  16. markhutch

markhutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Google should offer "cash rewards" to people like "Nintendo" who find folks who have beat their system. This would be a plus for Webmasters who want a clean SE and play by the rules and even if Google paid the first person who found these types of abuses $1000 each, Google would still make money considering all the extra computer space they would save by NOT listing all these auto created sites not to mention the bandwidth savings of not having to crawl them.

Google could call it their "Neighborhood Watch" program. Just like in communities all over the US.

markhutch, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  17. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, if it is fixed then why do we still get billions of results

ludwig, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  18. Amilo

Amilo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it is fixed ?
    Maybe we are just seeing old data before the new datapush:rolleyes:

Did we really land on the moon ?
    Anyone no a proper search engine i can type the question in to...

Amilo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  19. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe yes maybe no, we can go for miles with maybes

ludwig, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  20. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't this illegal in some way shape or form? Violating TOS' and some such somewhere?

Or will this scumbag of a guy walk away with an easy few million?

Cyrus255, Jun 19, 2006 IP