1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! 800 visitors and not one sale

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by richie_rich$$$, Dec 28, 2008.

Ok let me tell you how I try to sell products from clickbank: I write a hubpage article, I get traffic to it, and I put an affiliate link at the end of the article. OK I have 7 hubs and I got 800 visitors until now, mostly from social bookmarking sites, and not one visitotor buyed any of my products :( Here's my profile on hubpages. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong because I'm really frustrated, I'm working a lot and now results :mad: Do u think I should have a higher traffic to convert? do u think I should pick a different niche?
    http://hubpages.com/profile/razvan_razvan

richie_rich$$$, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  2. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes changing the niche would be better. Also you need stronger call to action for more user interest. Give them something and leave them begging for the rest.

Here is what I have always used-

Would you like to know the true secrets of the greatest seducers in the world? Would you like to know how to make any girl chase you like crazy? Do not miss this at any cost follow this link bla bla bla. If you get my point.

ryanman, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  3. popedope

popedope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ur marketing sucks.

You don't add any value for the visitor... you just say "here's the service. Here's what it does".

Forget about traffic, hops and all that shit.

Just focus on how you can improve someone's viewing experience while they are at your site. If you write a review, don't just say "it's amazing BUY NOW". Say "it's got good qualities but you need to be careful of X, Y, Z"

Remember, it's better to make $1000 from 10 people than it is to make $1000 from 100 people. There's less work involved. You just need to make the lives of the 10 people improved in some way and they WILL repay you.

That's how affiliate marketing works. You give them something for coming to your site.

popedope, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  4. richie_rich$$$

richie_rich$$$ Member

Best Answers:
    Thx a lot for helping guys :).
    popedope, you said to offer something in exchange, to make the visitor's experience more pleasant while they're at my site. can you give an example, can you show me and example step by step? :D
    And ryanman, can u give me examples of good niches?
    till now I have tried the "how to make money online" niche, forex product (like FAP turbo or automated forex), I've tried the Earth 4 Energy, meeating women products, and reverse phone detective. None of them worked :(

richie_rich$$$, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  5. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say try products in the long term niches such as health, relationships etc. How are you promoting your products by the way?

ryanman, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  6. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say if all your traffic is coming form Social Bookmarking sites the traffic isn't targetted enough - or you haven't fed them enough schpeel to reel them in. Your hub is so short. Buying they say is a step by step proces. You have to convince them (they have to convince themselves) that it's worth getting the CC out. That's why articles seem to work.

2nd that.

rob33, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  7. stall022

stall022 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One thing that has helped me out in the past, If you haven't already done it, Is to install a keywords tracker such as statcounter.

You can see the keywords people are using to get to your pages. Once you have that info you can modify your page. I have written articles and webpages in the past trying to sell product ABC only to find out that people were looking for product XYZ. Then you can either modify your webpage to fit product ABC or you can put product XYZ onto your page.

stall022, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  8. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Really social media traffic won't do any wonders. Concentrate more on SEO, learn the basics. You'll notice long term search engine hits which do convert a lot better.

Social media traffic is exactly what I would call 'curious - possible customers'.
    The people using search engines are the real customers.

You can get 8000 hits without a single sale so don't worry too much. Everything you've been doing is wrong.

evelinawilliams007, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  9. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking traffic CAN be good. If the bookmarking traffic is from people just browsing Digg or whatever, that traffic won't convert well. If the traffic is from people who clicked on your bookmark via a google search result, those clicks are my best converting traffic by a HUGE margin.

To get the most out of bookmarking, you REALLY need to invest time writing a good title, description, and tags.

Jim

taraff1, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  10. Widmaer

Widmaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Richie Rich!

Don't worry..all of those niche work, especially the earth 4 energy...lots of people are making a killing in it right now..so the products are not the problem..

first hand i can tell you this..too many adsense ads! visitors are most likely to click away from the page thus you losing potential commission.

second.. in my opinion, your text is not long enough..now what's in it for me?

let's say for exemple your reverse phone hub... I couldnt careless that it has a huge database...I want to know who's that person behind a certain number...

"Still trying to find who keeps calling you from x number? Stop guessing find who is calling you here"

see Im more inclined to click if I can relate to something than telling me JUST the features

and third....7 hubs...800 visitors..

Rich..thats nothing!

thats about 115 vistors per page.. now yes you want to at Least convert at 1%...1 sale every through 100 visitors

but since you're driving free methods, you've got no loss involved, so all you need to do is to find out which keywords convert and bring more traffic from those keywords!

hope it helps ;)

Widmaer, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  11. raycer43

raycer43 Peon

Best Answers:
    The good news is that 800 visitors with no sales means you can't do any worse. I spent some time on your Hub and I have a few opinions. Please keep in mind I'm trying to help so please don't be offended.

You need to realize that when it comes to marketing products with copy/content/sales pages that little things count. Something as minor as having a very disturbing picture of a cat on your Hub can turn people off. I'd lose that picture...immediately. Put something neutral up. Put up a pic of a pretty girl on a computer or something.

I'm pretty sure your native language isn't English and I commend you, or anyone, that speaks multiple languages. I speak only one (English) and not very well at that ;). That being said your English writing skills, IMO, are not good enough to sell products or convince people to spend their hard earned money. The slightest error in grammar or unusual wording will drive people away from your sites...quickly. You need to get a lot better at writing or outsource. Maybe you could find someone willing to re-write or "clean up" your copy for a small fee. There are solutions but you need to do something.

Also, your giving people WAY to many options to choose from. Pick one proven niche and give them 3 options within that niche. Write a neutral review on each but make one program sound like it's the best. This works.

Finally, if your not making much on your adsence, lose it completely. People are bombarded ALL day with sales pitches and their tired of it. It's not going to help you with your CB sales and it's adding nothing but clutter to your pages.

Remember that people want solutions to their problems but they don't want to feel like they're being sold. It's a fine line that we all walk when marketing.

Good Luck,
    raycer43

raycer43, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  12. richie_rich$$$

richie_rich$$$ Member

Best Answers:
    First of all I want to thank all of you for helping me out :)
    Second, after reading all your posts I've come to a few conclusions:
    1. I have to get rid of the cat :D LOL
    2. I have to focus more on SEO because this is converting well and this is where the real costumers are
    3. social bookmarking is good too but I have to create a very kick-ass headline :D For example let me tell you what happened to me yesterday: I was searching on clickbank for some good products to promote and suddendly I looked at the right side of the screen and it was an ad that said: "Get rid of acne in 3 days" WOW! For a normal person that's nothing, but for someone who had problems with acne all his life, a headline like this is very very distracting, for example even if I was very busy I couldn't resist the urge to see what that ad was about so I clicked it, I went on the sales page and I read through and I couldn't believe it, someone said that he could cure acne in only 3 days, wow this really really made me curious, so I got the book that cost about 30-40$ for free from torrent :D, I read through the whole book very fast because I was very skeptical, I thought there was a catch, I mean I thought curing a disease like that should take many many months. Anyway, at the end of the book I finally find out it really was a method of curing acne in 3 days and it really worked for everyone. Anyway in conclusion, this guy 1.had a very powerfull headline and 2.made my life better because he really helped me with the acne issue. so now I really understand what marketing is all about.
    4.I have to concetrate more on presenting "what's in it for the customer" rather than just presenting the facts. for example like Widmaer said: "Still trying to find who keeps calling you from x number? Stop guessing find who is calling you here" instead of saying this product has a huge database and bla bla bla.
    5. I have to be more attentive when I write. Raycer43 said I'm not that good at english but that's not true, I was just casual when I wrote those articles, I mean I can write formally and with no flaw but I thought that would be a downside because people wouldn't think I'm one of them any more, so I wanted to appear more as a friend by writing casual and with mistakes and also sometimes I don't realise I'm misspelling words when I write, I see the errors when I start reading.
    6.raycer said something about losing the adsense ads, but I don't really think that's a problem because I've had just 12 clicks from 800 visitors, maybe I will remove adsense though, later when I start making sales.
    7.ok one of u said the text is not long enough. Here's how I thought: initially people are just browsing and I thought that by writing a huge text that people would leave without reading the whole paragraph and without getting through my affiliate link. OK I will try longer texts too but I have a question for you guys: do you think I should place the affiliate link at the beginning of the text or at the ending? U know what I mean right? for example when I say FAP Turbo, in the beginning, I can link it
    And I have to tell you, that acne ebook really impressed me and I will start promoting it right now because I like this niche and I think it's a killer, and I already read the book and I know for sure I'm not telling lies when I review it.
    Also, what do you guys think about giving a discount? for example I think the product costs 40$ and I get about 20$ for each sale. I could give this product for 30$ and I would still get 10$ I think it would be good in the long run what do u think?

richie_rich$$$, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  13. farhantrader

farhantrader Peon

Best Answers:
    hi guys....
    i have 321 hops in the bodybuilding niche but only a 13 $ sale and $ 90 refund....... anyone facing similar problem?
    is cb tracking accurate?

farhantrader, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  14. richie_rich$$$

richie_rich$$$ Member

Best Answers:
    richie_rich$$$, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  15. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    FAP TURBO is a good product according to CLICKBANK marketplace. Day by day, its gravity is increasing like anything. I think it has got 800 plus gravity.

markov, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  16. MedicAffiliate

MedicAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    @richie_rich
    if you're getting a lot of social bookmarking traffic, then you might want to try the relationship niche, more people who surf the net are into relationships than, say, a forex trading robot, or muscle building/weight loss.

and sorry to sidetrack, but does hubpages let you keep your adsense income from the hubs?. If you are making good money from those, then it's good to keep it but that might also be a reason your visitors are leaving.

MedicAffiliate, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  17. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mate no offense but it's understandable that you're not getting any sales from your promotion.

After I've read your recent article, this is what I think you should really do:

-Instead of one paragraph, write the article in two or three paragraphs.( Some people wear glasses mate and it might be tough on them to read the one you have above)

-Second of all, how come you are not targeting your readers mate. There are no keywords on this article. If I was looking to cure my acne, I would definitely be searching for keywords like : How to cure my acne, how to get rid of my acne, treatment(s) to get rid of my acne and so much more......

You don't have any keywords on your article mate, so how can you expect people to find it. Here is a keyword tool that you can use, it is free, so go spend sometimes on it http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com

3) http://m0neymake.acnefree.hop.clickbank.net/ ( this link looks very ugly to me, so next time hyperlink it w/ a word or a sentence. ( A Call To Action My Friend).

4) Don't just use Go Articles, use Ezine Articles and some other sites out there. You can find a list of article directories here.

Also use squidoo and Bizsheet, you won't regret it. If you start getting conversions, you might want to create a blog for this niche. There are a lot of free platforms out there.( Just don't use Wordpress for a long term).

5-Bookmark your articles, squidoo, hubpages and etc.... Use this site to do so : http://www.socialmarker.com

6-When you have a blog, add your feed on this site : http://www.feedage.com/

Then when you think you still can do more, I would recommend you to read this post Click Here
    . I`ve tried it for one of my site and I was satisfied with the results.

This is it my friend, this is some ways to get free traffic to your site. Hope you will use them.

Good luck

Mega

PS: By the way, you remind me of my littel cousin, he called himself Ritchie Rich too

megarudy, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  18. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I see is,
    you using "ur" and "u" and other text messaging text. This type of talking is useless out of talking to your friends and should not even be done then.

Capitalize EVERYTHING that needs to be and type like you are not on a cell phone.

Social media traffic for the most part unless targeted(you can buy targeted social traffic such as at stumbleupon) will NOT convert well.

cowsgonemadd3, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  19. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    alright, here is an idea, pepper some links in above the fold, then have a stronger call to action. Make it EASY for people to buy the product you are selling, and for the love of pants SELL THE PRODUCT. You aren't here to make friends, you're doing this to make sales. Social networks are about friends, not sales. Make sales, not friends.

Ideastone, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  20. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You need to really "presell" the visitor. but then again the merchant's site has to convert well..

experienceadvertising, Dec 29, 2008 IP