1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Dying

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by RWD, Jun 19, 2006.

My website (Motorsport News site) seems to be doing ok, getting alot of hits, but the forum seems to be dying. I have added a quiz feature, sent out a mass email, and my members came back, took part in the quiz and left again.

Any suggestions on how I can kick start the forum again. I have used in the past post exchanges, but I would rather leave that a last option.

Any suggestions/advice will be welcome.

Thanks

RWD, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  2. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    How about spending $50 to hire someone to change the layout of your forum to make it look more refreshing. Offer more stuff like increase the number of pm's. Make some temperary mods so they can spend more time in the forum. Try to get the members feel like members and make them more invovled.

poseidon, Jun 19, 2006 IP
    RWD likes this.
  3. tommy2

tommy2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    tommy2, Jun 19, 2006 IP
    RWD likes this.
  4. RWD

RWD Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. As for the redesign, I am looking at getting someone in soon to redesign the full site, including the news site. Getting more Mods is a intreasting idea and I will send out a mass email advertising for mods.

As for the link, intreasting idea, but I dont have anything to sell, so paying them may be a bit of a problem, maybe I could share the advertising revenue I get each month, I will have a look into it.

Thanks

RWD, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  5. Peace_Hope

Peace_Hope Peon

Best Answers:
    Get some interesting contests going, and make sure that you stay active too!

Peace_Hope, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  6. winningratings

winningratings Peon

Best Answers:
    Id be interested in how you get on and how it works out - especially if you have any tips when you have finally made it a success
    Its always interesting to hear how someone has taken something that is struggling and made a success of it

I interested in starting my own forum so it would be interesting to hear how you fare on this

winningratings, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  7. RWD

RWD Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah good idea, I have installed the quiz feature onto the forum, I should try and get someone to sponsor a quiz or sve up and buy some decent prizes and open the quiz to members with 10 or more posts.

I constantly update the news on the home page every day, and then post the intreasting news topics on the forum to try and get discussion going. I have even tried posting under 2 usernames start a topic with my main username, then reply to it with another name, to try and get conversation going, I might need to re open one of my old accounts

RWD, Jun 19, 2006 IP