1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress-- H2, rel=bookmark, rel=nofollow

Discussion in 'Google' started by kard63, Dec 27, 2008.

Is there a wordpress theme or plugin that will make all posts either H1 or H2? I notice on the default theme it makes them all H2 but if you aren't going to display the title of the blog on the blog then you should make them all H1, right? I want to use a different theme so a plugin would be preferable.

The default theme puts rel=bookmark on every link to a post. Isn't that the most significant kind of link? Do you really want to use that there? It seems to me I might want to put it on the post pages in links that lead back to the homepage.

Is there a way to get every damn link except links to posts to have rel=nofollow by default? I don't want to leak PR to the login link and I don't want to add it to every link in every post if there is a plugin that will do it for me.

Thanks in advance.

kard63, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  2. zendesigner

zendesigner Guest

Best Answers:
    your asking for something which will reduce importance given to other stuf... if everything is highlighted [h1], the engine wont be able to make out the less important from the more imp... on second note you can get such a plugin custom coded for your website... by people like me ;)

zendesigner, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  3. kard63

kard63 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only want it on the heading of every blog post. You think that is too much? I'll hit you up about custom coding at the end of my exploration ;)

kard63, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  4. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    You don't need a plugin for something so trivial, just open up single.php and look for the title hook and change the H tag surrounding it.

sweetfunny, Dec 27, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  5. kard63

kard63 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

p.s. do you think that is a good idea?

kard63, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  6. zendesigner

zendesigner Guest

Best Answers:
    that is a great idea...sweetfunny's right, i misunderstood that you required everything in h2 like the default one

zendesigner, Dec 27, 2008 IP