1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where's the Outrage? Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 Palestinian girls

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Dec 27, 2008.

Where's the outrage when Palestinian militants kill civilians?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081226/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

bogart, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  2. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    There is none. A clear case of double standards.

Lexiseek, Dec 27, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  3. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Should we quote "famous" quotes from "americans" from this board when someone mention civilian casulties caused by US forces around the world? Like: war is hell so there will always be civilian casualties? It's war so shit hapens? Collateral damage?

Of course, double standards it is as always. US army can kill civilians and it's understable and there's no need for outrage, right?
    We should find all outrage posts from bogart and lexiseek in threads about US army caused deaths of innocent civilians. Should we? :rolleyes:

iggysick, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  4. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually, there's plenty of outrage in the US whenever Americans kill civilians. I guess you don't get that on your media coverage. There are anti-war protesters in the US, and plenty of people protest when US military actions kill civilians.

5. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    I know. I was talking about DP forum so please show me your outrage posts. Thanks.

6. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    You're quite welcome.

7. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    So you can't show any of your outrage posts?

8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hamas fires rockets at Israel on a daily basis and kills both Israeli and Palestinian civilians. The Israelis strike back in self defense. Do you see a difference?

[​IMG]

bogart, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  9. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is a lot of protests and outrage in US media when civilians are killed on both sides.
    If a US missile misfired and killed Americans, on US territory, by mistake.. now that would have some serious consequences. Senate committees, trials, investigations, wide news coverage. The value of life is just a little bit higher in the western world

DomainMagnate, Dec 27, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  10. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    You didn't get it. We're talking about posting here on DP. Bogart ask us, poster on this forum, and not US public. I want to see his or lexiseeks or even yours outrage posts when US military kills civilians. Can you please show me some of those? Thanks.

BS. Hamas wasn't even created when zionist occupied Palestine so it's far away from self defense.
    Anway, I am waiting on you to show me your otrage posts in threads disscusing US military killing innocent civilians (IOF doing same thing threads will also do). Thanks.

11. Ironhide

Ironhide Peon

Best Answers:
    No outrage, you wont see any..

Since they were killed by Hamas. Hamas got a god gifted right to kill as many Palestinians as they want. Thats all, end of the story.

Ironhide, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  12. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's plenty of outrage when Israel strikes back at the terrorists.

bogart, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  13. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm still waiting on you to show us your outrage posts when innocent victims are muslims. No rush there thou, take your time.

iggysick, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In places like Afganistain and Iraq the #1 victim of terrorists are muslims. Don't blame the US on the terrorism. It's the culture of jihad the is at the root.

Why do muslims insist on claiming Jerusalem as the Third Holiest Site in Islam?

Dome of the Rock
    Note overall disrepair and lack of use

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/templemount.html

bogart, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  15. Ironhide

Ironhide Peon

Best Answers:
    Because God hasn't gifted Israel the right to kill Palestinians.
    Duh.. Thats not a rocket science..

Ironhide, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  16. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is the outrage supposed to be over the low quality of Hamas weapons, that they accidentally killed their own civilians? Or that they are responding to hostility from Israel? In war, death and destruction are a given. Oppressed people resort to violence and terrorism.

As a person of Jewish origins and a staunch supporter of a peaceful and generous settlement with the Palestinians, I am duly outraged. There. Satisfied? I am outraged that children are being killed, outraged that this conflict has not found a mutually acceptable solution, outraged that these neighbors cannot find a way to live together, and outraged that the establishment of a theocracy in Israel has made that small state home to one of the most intolerant regimes of apartheid still in power on this Earth.

I am outraged that my own people, with thousands of year's history in being refugees, would make refugees of millions so that an ancient dream can be chased. And, yes, outraged at the violence which has been returned.

All this outrage just perpetuates the problem, though. Each attack-on either side-is a response to untold previous outrages.

Instead of rushing to place blame for this escalation, we ought to be seeking ways to bring peace to te region. The diplomatic resources of the world must be brought to bear on the Palestinian issue, or there will never be so much as a single day of peace.

amanamission, Dec 28, 2008 IP
    gworld likes this.
  17. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with your sentiments completely. So far the diplomatic resources of the world have failed to bring about the requisite change.

Maybe this can change in the future.

Lexiseek, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  18. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    No, I don't see any difference. I see people on both sides killing people on the opposite side. I'm tired of the fighting. I'm tired of hearing one sided rants. Where's the solutions?

All my life I've heard of these killings. I remember when I was a teenager hearing reports nearly every day about the conflict. One day I decided to try & figure out what the heck the Palestinians were so angry about. Then I found out, they lost their land to Israel. OH THAT'S WHY THEY ARE SO ANGRY. And how will it ever be solved I wondered.

Ever notice in the movies they can have a news announcer say "Violence in the mideast flared up again today" and it never sounds dated or made up? That's how long this has been going on. The differences I see are the blockade on Gaza and no blockade on Israel, the inferior weapons of Hamas and the superior weaponry of Israel.

So Israel is striking back in self defense. Does that put them in a morally superior position? Does that help to end the cycle? Does that bring the conflict closer to an end? Does it deter further rocket attacks? Apparently not. Still this is what they do, regardless of whether or not it has been effective. And this is what they plan to continue doing, isn't it? So we can look forward to hearing this on the news, for forever I guess.

When the border between Gaza & Egypt was breached recently I just then became aware of how restricted and deprived life is for people in Gaza. Where's the outrage that people in Gaza can't get ordinary household items and food easily? People rushed over to buy washing machines and to stock up on food. The disparity in lifestyles between Israel & Palestine cannot be morally justified.

I can't imagine an end to violence that doesn't include specific efforts to raise the lifestyle of Palestinians. Any peace accord that doesn't address this will fail because young Palestinians with no hope for the future will continue to fight.

Israel has the upper hand, they control the borders, they have superior military assets, they have a more affluent lifestyle, they have more to lose. I think the responsibility falls on their side to try harder to find a way to stop the cycle of violence.

kaethy, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  19. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course it does. If you don't know the difference between striking first and defending yourself, then maybe I'll just pull out a gun and blow your head right off your shoulders during the middle of this conversation.

Oh yeah, that's called murder, so I can't do it. But if I did pull out a gun, and you did too, and you killed me first, that would be self defense and you'd be exonerated of murder in the U.S. Seems like a very sound system to me.

The point you're missing is that Hamas and Israel had a cease-fire. During which they were supposed to be negotiating peace. That didn't stop Hamas from firing missiles at Israel. That is offense, not defense.

Lexiseek, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  20. F33l1ngz

F33l1ngz Peon

Best Answers:
    It wasn't a real cease fire from Hamas's side. They just said "Ok, we'll stop shooting rockets at you" to the Israeli's, and at the same time told their friends "We just need to get more rockets in the meantime".

How can you negotiate peace with an organization that was founded on killing the other side? It's like asking Al Qaida to make peace with the USA. The real key for making peace here is making the civilians at Afghanistan realize that they don't want or need Al Qaida.

Same thing with Israel, as soon as the people at Gaza Strip realize that Hamas isn't doing them any good, and that they want peace with Israel - it'll happen.

F33l1ngz, Dec 28, 2008 IP