My Adsense Tips

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by KIbeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Tip 1: Image above ads
    Results: 35% increase in CTR
    You may of seen more and sites take up this method of showing off there Adsense ads, afterall it is well known that the human eye notices images more than text. The idea is to try and fit small pictures above the google ads.Try to keep the images related to your website as they then will match well with the Google Ads.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tip 2: Think while adding content
    Results: 40% better payment
    This is for people who have a goal of making money out of there website and are not making sites just for fun. When you are about to add content to your website think about keywords, remember things like loans pay alot and games don't. This does not mean however that you should add spam to your site. You need to get a good balance.

Tip 3: Dont expect TO much.
    Results: N\a
    If your getting $1 a click, good for you however most of us only get 10c or so so don't worry when you don't make to much, try not checking your adsense revenue every day as you will find it seems less. Check it every week, this is unless your trying to get it perfect.

Tip 4: The fold!
    Results: 55% CTR increase
    A fold in a website is where the user has to scroll down to see the rest of the content, try and place your adds above this fold, think about placing it at the top of the page. Notice Digitalpoint has the adverts at the top? They have taken the fold into mind when placing adverts. For example would you see the ads as much if they was at the bottom of the forum?

[​IMG]

Tip 5: The fake clicks!
    Results:
    I know how easy it can be to want to get your mates to make you some quick cash, I'm sure you would think "How would Google know what I told my mates on MSN", well sorry buddy they find out!, also think of it as stealing from the Adwords people. There is no point making all that cash if Google then stops your account, you don't get it and your have to live with somthing such as Adsense.

Tip 6: SEO
    Results:
    Wondering how SEO can do your adsense any good? Well it is pretty simple it will both allow Adsense to find better adverts for your page and it will gather you more Search engine rankings, thus more hits thus better CTR!
    More coming soon if you guys want.

Tip 7: Trying to sell?
    Results:
    If your trying to sell a item on your website then I would advise againts Adsense. Normally when I see adverts on sites that are trying to sell me things, I look at the adverts and think "Mmm, must not be selling many products, wonder why.." However some may find the adsense revenue is to much to drop, try for a week and see if you sell any more products.

Tip 8: Explain to your users
    Results: 30% increase CTR
    Explain to your users why you have adverts, explain that it pays for hosting and covers the lack of true work you do, you will find they will look at the adverts more. One warning at no point ask them to click on the adsense. Word this wisely or trouble may be near

Tip 9: Domain matters
    If your site is about cars and your domain is aboutstrangegreenfrog.com you WILL notice some adverts are not related to your content. Adsense checks your URL to provide with adverts. I am unsure how much of a effect it has, but it does have a effect. Always try and get domains related to your content

Tip 10: No Secrets.
    Think that everyone making money is keeping a Secret? Do they do it with some amazing Adsense skills? No. Most of them just follow this same sort of rules. Don't buy ebooks like "Make 5000 dollors with adsense", most are rubbish. The number one thing to focus on is content. Adverts are for a website, nor a website for Adverts!

Tip 11: Placement
    Results:
    I have already talked about the fold but where to place them adverts above the fold is the question! For this tip I will be using the image below:
    Placement 1: The header is not seen for very long on most websites, however it is the first thing users see. If your website has a colorful header and a large one then add your adverts here.

Placement 2: Adding small adverts on top menu sometimes works, however make sure users don't get confused with menu links, try to make it stand out from the menu.

Placement 3: This is a nice area to keep adverts. The user is looking at the content so will look at your adverts, however it may make some people angry, see what users reactions are like when adding adverts here.

Placement 4: The main menu is a good place to place adverts, however alot of the time users see them here to often and block them out. The human mind does this without them knowing.

Placement 5: A side bar for adverts only is great, it allows the users to know there are adverts and also makes the content clean.

[​IMG]

Other users tips

Tip 1: Track everything
    Tip by; Internetguy
    Use the channels feature provided by Google. If you can afford it, buy a third party tracker which also tracks things like IP's of clickers and keywords. Save your IP log and check to see if there is any suspicious activity. Tracking can tell you which pages are doing better. You can also vary things like placement, formats and colors and track the results of your changes over time.

Tip 2: Crazy?
    Tip by; jackburton2006
    Don't get crazy about every little dip or jump in your earnings on an hour-by-hour (or even day-by-day) basis. You'll just drive yourself insane and waste all our time posting threads asking, "What is happening? Is this happening to anyone? Dear God, what is happening???"

KIbeth, Jun 18, 2006 IP
    jackburton2006 likes this.
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's another one: Don't get crazy about every little dip or jump in your earnings on an hour-by-hour (or even day-by-day) basis. You'll just drive yourself insane and waste all our time posting threads asking, "What is happening? Is this happening to anyone? Dear God, what is happening???"

jackburton2006, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  3. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah good tip. I know I used to be like that.

KIbeth, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. contactsonia

contactsonia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing these gr8 tips.
    Yes, we do need more tips :)

contactsonia, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  5. tile-cleaning

tile-cleaning Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the info. Thanks for your tips.

tile-cleaning, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  6. Harmony

Harmony Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, but I was wondering how google will find out that you told your friend or mate through msn to click your ads from their pc? If its just ONE person?

Harmony, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  7. internetguy

internetguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's my tip: Track everything

Use the channels feature provided by Google. If you can afford it, buy a third party tracker which also tracks things like IP's of clickers and keywords. Save your IP log and check to see if there is any suspicious activity. Tracking can tell you which pages are doing better. You can also vary things like placement, formats and colors and track the results of your changes over time.

internetguy, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  8. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I started doing that more. It helps alot.

KIbeth, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  9. luq_skywalker

luq_skywalker Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips bro

luq_skywalker, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  10. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Luq!

KIbeth, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  11. rknuppel

rknuppel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips! Should be great help for me.

rknuppel, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  12. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one from me : proper use of titles..
    See if you use your main title in all of you pages relevent ads might not ome but if you use proper titles in every page ads with more CTR can be expected.. let me give you and example.. if I have a website A and i am using "A the way to surf" as a title in every page it wont give good ads at all as googlebot will 1st chk the title!! but if i have somehing about cars in my site A and i put somehing like ::: A >>> Car Lovers >> (car name) ::: it will defenatly will have a very good effect on the ads.. many of us use to put more than one ad code in one page (afterall three are allowed) wihout using proper titles they might not get ads!! it is chked and experienced!!

anurag_online, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  13. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:

totally agree to this bro..

people invest there hard earned money on Adwords...:)

pratik, Jun 18, 2006 IP
    webviz likes this.
  14. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google was created by computer nerds. They have hired an army of like-minded nerds from college. I bet Google's entire building is full of nerdy, computer-obsessed geeks. Hundreds? Try thousands. Or tens of thousands. All putting their heads together to make sure you and your buddies can't get one over them. Now ask yourself: Do you honestly think these guys, put together, aren't smarter than you or your buddy?

jackburton2006, Jun 18, 2006 IP
    webviz likes this.
  15. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    Most members are having their accounts suspended for illegal placement. Watch out buddy! :)

EDIT:
    Also, I usually open a website without ads for the first 4-6 months, then you should add a maximum of two ads on the page, that's it. Then just move on to another project and do the same. More ads wont make people happy and trust me, I know it. It's just best to use one ad, though. Good luck!

webviz, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  16. ebliss

ebliss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips!

ebliss, Jun 18, 2006 IP
    webviz likes this.
  17. Silent

Silent Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips, I am sorry I an new to adsense and do not have much experience so I dont have any tips to share, but I would certainly sahre my tips after a couple of month..

Silent, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  18. tempusmaster

tempusmaster Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course no one outside of Google knows for sure, but it would be simple enough, almost trival, for them to track the click IP addresses and match them against websites.

If your buddy is only going to click every once in a while they might not catch it, but it wouldn't make you any money either. If your buddy clicks a lot, then alarm bells are going to go off and your AdSense account is toast. :eek:

tempusmaster, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  19. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:

People know that you have adverts to earn some money to pay for hosting services and to earn something on the side. At least a very large majority of them ;)

And even for the ones that don't know, there is no need to explain this.
    Even though you may warn them to not to click on the adsense ads
    they may inadvertently still want to click more on the ads if you haven't informed them about the ads covering the costs and such.

And therefor putting you more at risk being banned.

No need to explain anything! You aren't going to tell your friends and family that you have ads to cover the costs of your hosting and efforts so why would you tell it to your visitors? You don't even tell them about your site since you don't want to risk your friends and family happy clicking on your adsense ads.
    So don't tell your visitors you have the ads to cover the costs and such.

They are just the same since when they visit your site often enough they will feel compelled to help you out because they like visiting your site.

Just like your friends and family would right?

No need to explain and could only result in people wanting to help you out and inadvertently getting your account suspended or permanently banned.

Choosing your words wisely is not an option in this case.
    In this case wisdom is to tell nothing about your ads and let them be as they are and let them silently do their work.

With al the help you get on this forum the results will come eventually.

Edz, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  20. doronty37

doronty37 Active Member

Best Answers:
    good tips. thanks..

doronty37, Jun 19, 2006 IP