1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does one get started in Copywriting?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mnymkr, Jun 18, 2006.

My friend Jeff is a wonderful writer and often does stuff for our colleagues like editing papers or writing cover letters. I told him he might try this market. Am I leading him the wrong way? Whats the best way for him to start? How much should he charge? Any information would be very helpful.

mnymkr, Jun 18, 2006 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If he's a good writer, send his e-mail addresss to me via a PM (I'm currently hiring quality writers, and I've only found a few on DP that meet my standards)

Tyler Banfield, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  3. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am PMing you. I have a few that I use. One is mostly copyedit. The other is a publisher but if you want a quality research no plagerism guy Jeff is your man. Thanks!

mnymkr, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. Tyler Banfield

Best Answers:
    No problem, I am always looking for quality and reliable writers

Tyler Banfield, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  5. Tyler Banfield

Best Answers:
    Well, I sent Jeff his first assignments this morning

You were very right, after looking at his samples, he seems like an excellent writer

Thanks for the recommendation!

Tyler Banfield, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  6. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's something to look into. Editing letters is a long way from copywriting. One of the fundamentals of any solid copywriter is marketing ability. If the writer does not know marketing fairly well, he or she won't make a good copywriter.

He should begin by reading the work of other great copywriters to get a feel. Taking formal classes at college are a big help, as well as reading books on the subject. Like any craft, writing takes practice. Once you have a solid foundation, get to work.

As to charging, that really depends on his ability. I can tell you that it's possible to make a couple hundred dollars for an hour of work, but it's also possible to make nothing.

marketjunction, Jun 26, 2006 IP