1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Help 4 Newbies - How To Pick Products & More

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aaronlamont1, Dec 24, 2008.

Ok hey everyone Aaron here again, after reading through a few posts it seems to me like some are still a little unsure to what the gravity and referred numbers mean in clickbank and don't know which product to pick.

Here is a short guide into what they mean.

Here is an example that I have used:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

$/sale: $42.37 | Future $: $47.73 | Total $/sale: $90.10 | %/sale: 50.0% | %refd: 85.0% | grav: 204.91

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

$/sale: $42.37 - The commission you will get from each sale you make.

Future $: $47.73 - This is a recurring commission product, if you see a figure here this will be the amount of commission that you will get month after month i.e. $47.73 for anyone who buys through your affiliate link.

Total $/sale: $90.10 - This is the amount you could make from one sale per month, I think thats right lol. If the customer purchases and also signs up to the monthly subscription or any upsells that are offered alongside the vendors product.

%/sale: 50.0% - This is basically the amount of commission that is being offered for the product (as a rough guide I usually stick above 60% depending on the commission)

%refd: 85.0% - This is based upon where exactly the sales are coming from, the higher this percentage the better as you know that the majority of sales are coming from affiliates, if this was to be lower say around 5-10% the majority of sales are probably coming from the product owner themselves.

grav: 204.91 - Finally gravity, where everyone seems to base their judgment on. I no longer base my product selection on gravity because it is a little faulty.

//////////

I will explain what I mean, lets say a product has been launched by a big internet marketing guru, well on the build up to that product launch there will be numerous affiliates already promoting and list building so that when the day of the launch comes there is a sudden burst of customers and a huge rise in the gravity which has really just come from the launch day giving it a huge gravity.

Now when an affiliate comes to promote that product they see the huge gravity and think this must be a great seller, while it still might be, the large gravity has came from those affiliates that got in on the actual launch day and made the majority of the cash from that particular affiliate product that day.

Don't just forget about high gravity products just base your product selections on various things and not just the gravity.

Also base your selections by going to the actual product page and seeing if the sales copy is good and if you yourself feel tempted to buy then others will.

Remember to check out the affiliate page if the product offers one where you can usually find great email promos, keywords, banners etc.

All these factors I check before starting any promotion.

Hope this helps someone.

aaronlamont1, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  2. st1905

st1905 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you aaron for the useful information here.

st1905, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  3. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Glad to help, its always the basics that people seem to need help with.

aaronlamont1, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  4. alweb

alweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks
    added to fav. , coz i am planning to join cb .

alweb, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  5. raycer43

raycer43 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested to know what kind of products you focus on? I'm particularly interested to know if you concentrate on the "Make Money On-line" niche. It seems to me that a lot of those products are clearly rip-offs and would result in a high refund rate? Any advice would be appreciated.

raycer43, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  6. partnerwelcome

partnerwelcome Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,
    your post is very helpful for newbies.

partnerwelcome, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post, very good for clickbank newcomers like me :)

Brandon Sheley, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  8. truelights

truelights Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Arron, great insight. I see that more and more publishers are doing that.

truelights, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  9. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    To answer your question, I don't focus all my time on 'make money online' niche, there is money to be made elsewhere there are literally millions upon millions of affiliate products out there.

Your concerns on the high refund rate, some of the make money online products would have a high refund rate basically because it is probably a newbie entering that market and not really understanding it and then putting together a quick ebook and charging $37-$97 for simply information, yes that kind of product would get high refunds.

However in the make money niche, there are lots of different categories within it to target that newbies will always want to know, there is always something new to be learnt even for the big gurus aswell.

Also look at it this way, good money is in niche marketing also. For example I will give away one of my niches which is "hamster cages", pretty strange niche to be targeting right? I only started targeting this niche within the last few months and its bringing in on average, $200-$300 commission per month.

I know that to some people out there $200-$300 might not sound much but its like the old saying goes if one thing can bring you $200 think if you had 10 that would bring in $2000 per month on average just from niche marketing.

Think outside the box people, there is money to be made everywhere not just in the make money online niche.

aaronlamont1, Dec 27, 2008 IP
    jacky8 likes this.
  10. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information Im thinking about using clickbank and this information is great!

HydroJohn, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  11. invader

invader Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right mate :)

invader, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  12. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +rep for being curteous (sp?) OP.

NCMedia, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  13. sammiam

sammiam Peon

Best Answers:
    The information you provided was very helpful.

sammiam, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  14. busweb

busweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you here. Niche marketing has little competition and even is the number are small; most of the time they come constant.

busweb, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  15. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Total/sale gives you the true idea of how much a membership site pays out on average or, to put it another way, how quickly the member cancels his subscription on average.

rolf, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  16. nascar59

nascar59 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you aaron for the infoI'am a member of cb and putting together a couple of sites it never hurts to keep learning

nascar59, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  17. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    good post aaron ... hamster cages - interesting!! ... but you're so right, too many newbies try to focus on the popular niches, when probably they would make more money if they focussed on less crowded ones

antantnz, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  18. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think too many newbies focus on the forex and make money online market and don't see results from it.

aaronlamont1, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  19. sunworld

sunworld Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks aaronlamont1, I will be a bit careful from now on in choosing the products to promote. I am newbie marketer (joined CB on 27th Dec 2008), I have been promoting so many products, which ever I feel like. I must say I made no sales till date with just blog post advertising. Your post will help me first in choosing better products.
    Can you suggest me some other forms of free advertising apart from blog posts and classified? Once I get one or two sales, I am sure that I will go for Adwords but till then want to stick to free modes only.

sunworld, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  20. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Fracisc, Jan 4, 2009 IP