1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building A List To Promote Clickbank Products To - My Approach

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aaronlamont1, Dec 23, 2008.

I myself am no expert at list building but I have came on alot threw learning more and applying it to my current list building strategies.

From all of my reading and research of list building I think that when building a list not to send your subscriber straight to your affiliate link. Its like when I worked in retail sales selling furniture, for example you wouldn't pounce on a customer as soon as they walked in the door and say to them your going to buy this chair today aren't you?

It's just crazy and there is no rapport building.

Here is my top tips for building a list.

1. Choose a niche that you are wanting to target.
    2. Setup a squeeze page offering a top quality product (you can create from plr, bundle mrr or resale rights) the key here is to create a product that is good enough to sell and that is unique and offer it for free.

The idea behind giving away such a great product that you have made for free is that it will build your opt-in list and it will also build rapport with your subscribers that you are offering such a great quality product for free.

3. Follow up on your new subscribers with free tips, videos or audios.

4. After you feel you have offered your subscribers good value its time to test if they are buyers.

5. Create a pdf report or mp3 audio or video, about a topic in your niche.

6. Next time when you email your list, at the end of your comments talk about your new pdf, mp3 etc and offer it to them for a great price. (I usually want to set it at a minimum of $7 or $1 software trial etc)

Now the idea of this is to test the water with your opt-in list. WHY???? Because what is the use in you wasting your time promoting your more expensive affiliate products around $37-$97 if nobody on your list is willing to pay $7 for a high value item that you have created.

I AM SURE YOU HAVE HEARD THE MONEY IS IN THE LIST PHRASE

Well whats the use of having a list to promote to if they don't buy anything.

7. Ok so when you have sent out that email with your own $1-$7 in it you want to separate the buyers from the freebie subscribers. You can do this in aweber easily and the support team will talk you through how to do it.

8. Now when any of your subscribers wish to purchase your $1-$7 product you send them to a link which asks them for their email in order for them to get their download.

9. Automatically in aweber when a freebie subscriber has signed up for your $1-$7 optin you can take them off the freebie list and put them into your own buyer list.

10. Now you can repeat the process with the rest of the freebie subscribers choosing your own lower priced product to turn them into buyers or delete them from your list.

11. Now usually at this stage depending on how well you have been building your relationship with your list you should be able to promote your $37+ affiliate products to your new BUYING LIST.

12. Dont keep promoting affiliate products to those buyers though remember to keeping giving them high value freebies so that they stay with you for good.

13. Add value to your affiliate promotion emails through bonuses to the original products with audios, master resale rights packaged up that relate to the product, a video course that accompanies a pdf product etc, many things to do out there.

Now get out there and build your list.

aaronlamont1, Dec 23, 2008 IP
    WallerBlog likes this.
  2. rikat

rikat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips... thanks for sharing!

Regarding points 7-9, how often do you "test" the initial list for buyers?

I'm just getting into list building and realize this sub-method requires a unique set of skills unto its own.

rikat, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  3. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Basically what I do is a broadcast email to my entire list, I could ask them what they are struggling with or run a poll on a few topics on what I would think to be a great product to sell to my list.

The good thing about asking your list about what they would need help with or what they would like is that you can go off create that product to fulfill their needs and there shouldnt be too many that would refuse to buy it as they have specifically told you what they want.

So once I have a topic or an idea of what my list is struggling with a put together another great value product (dont just offer cheap master resale rights or plr they will unsubscribe more than likely) create a high value pdf, audio or usually what I do a great over the shoulder video on that particular topic that they are struggling on.

Upload video to youtube, revver etc and select private only then copy and paste the embed code onto your own webpage so that when they pay they can see the video, audio etc.

I usually want to offer the product of low price but high value because I only want to convert my list into actual buyers and not just freebie seekers.

Message back if you have any more questions,

Aaron.

aaronlamont1, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  4. SEOBOT

SEOBOT Banned

Best Answers:
    Great article! excellent work , thx for sharing the strategy ....

SEOBOT, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  5. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a good method, nice write up. What I do is create a landing page for the product, just a normal lander that I would use to promote any cb product. I then offer a free PLR ebook closely related to that product but that would still make them want to buy whatever I may be promoting. This way I have the opportunity to get free opt-ins from the traffic that I am already sending to the publisher, haven't seen much of a downturn in sales which leads me to believe that people often take the free ebook and then move on to the sales page. Works well for me.

wowhaxor, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  6. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    What niche are you working in? Is it the "make money" niche?

rolf, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  7. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about the niche.

Let's take "acne" for example. People are searching for an acne treatment. You can try and succeed to sell them 1-2 ebooks about acne treatment, but that's all. They won't buy a dozen of them.

Now take a look at webmasters like us, we use to buy a lot. Internet marketing is a niche where list building can get you tons of sales, if done properly.

goscript, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  8. WallerBlog

WallerBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Aaron - Thanks for sharing. +rep for the good info!

WallerBlog, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  9. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    To reply to this comment, I agree that its easier to build a list in the make money market however this does not mean that you cannot still build a good quality responsive buying list from any other niche.

For example your acne niche that you used as an example, if people are searching for acne remedies, you don't have to look for an ebook to sell them which would be a one of time payment unless their acne comes back you could try promote multiple items to them like a high payed commission on a cpa trial offer of a subscription to acne steriods, tablets etc also get them in zip submits etc.

Remember that you don't just have ebooks to promote to your list, you can promote physical products and cpa offers also so dont limit yourself.

aaronlamont1, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  10. inovasi84

inovasi84 Peon

Best Answers:
    promotion is key for succeed affiliate.for me, easy is adwords...

inovasi84, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  11. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Many newbies starting off with adwords waste more money and do not see results and give up too easy, I dont recommend adwords for newbies unless you know what your doing and have researched alot.

It is a powerful tool I know as I use it sometimes myself.

aaronlamont1, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  12. Merigot123

Merigot123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great reference. Very useful info. You need to know what you are when you are doing in order to very profitable when it comes to do adwords in affiliate marketing.

GM

Merigot123, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  13. eric56hk

eric56hk Peon

Best Answers:
    building a list is a very powerful tech. in the affiliate marketing industry.

eric56hk, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  14. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that this method is the most useful for IM niche. However, there are a lot of niches that this will pay off.

For example, one of my products is a Colic Cure. 95%+ of babies with colic are between the ages of 2 months and 6 months. Therefore, anyone interested in this product more than likely has a baby that age. If I get their email, I can set up an auto responder for ever. I know their child's age.

I can market to them for the next 18 years. :D

Any of you who are promoting my colic guide should put something on your landing page to collect emails.

Forex is another HUGE market for lists.

domainiac, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  15. extesy

extesy Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips. Thanks for sharing them!

extesy, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  16. aaronlamont1

aaronlamont1 Guest

Best Answers:
    glad this rough guide is providing some ideas and inspiration.

aaronlamont1, Dec 25, 2008 IP