1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

have $1000; want $300 monthly profit

Discussion in 'General Business' started by meetgs, Oct 24, 2007.

1. 12Bravo

12Bravo Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxies can be very profitable but you need to stay on top of them in order to insure your traffic remains consistent. The worst thing that can happen with a proxy network is seeing your traffic dry up. If you keep on top of link building and get your proxies added to a few new topsites each month, you should be able to build a nice recurring income. In addition, there are many free proxy scripts available, many of which require minimal server resources to operate. Outside of a hosting account (minimal monthly cost), everything else you need can be had for free.

Good luck with your pursuit, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions on setting up a proxy.

12Bravo, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  2. kung999

kung999 Peon

Best Answers:
    i interesting proxies now i make money for adsense about 200$ per mounth with my website :)

kung999, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. OnLine_Market_man

OnLine_Market_man Guest

Best Answers:
    I would have to go against proxies.

Make a site with user-generated content. This will keep people coming back time after time.

OnLine_Market_man, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. webgeeks

webgeeks Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend the same thing too as the above post, however seems like he has limited time. If you give yourself more time per day, maybe 2-3 hours, you can make some money in freelance. Much more than just $300. What are your skills?

webgeeks, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  5. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But with freelance you dont invest money. You just make money... This guy is looking to invest.

MarcL, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  6. meetgs

meetgs Active Member

Best Answers:
    so far most suggestions are related to:
    - creating proxies and profiting from ads
    - writing articles for some bucks
    any other other altenatives? payment through paypal would be great :)

JJC, i sent you a PM.

user-generated content sounds promising.
    however, the problem would be how to maintain the quality.

webgeeks, i am not comfortable in doing freelance. i can do some PHP programming, but most of the time people are looking for the cheapest solution -- they don't care much about quality. i'd rather create my own project and profit from that. so, what i mean by "invest" is spending some money, not necessarily spend the whole $1000 but to do it gradually.

meetgs, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  7. caleonard

caleonard Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice from everyone.

caleonard, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  8. nagada

nagada Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxy sites is high risk venture you will put yourself on big trouble someday. These are used sometimes on illegal matters like hacking bank accounts, paypal etc and you in trouble. thats my 2 cents.

nagada, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  9. Proxyhub

Proxyhub Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxyhub, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  10. gdi

gdi Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, there are some many ideas :=)

did u ever tried Affiliate programs ?

gdi, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. dekcom

dekcom Peon

Best Answers:
    how it can make money ?

dekcom, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    @meetgs Proxies are a decent way to earn money, but I recommend that you use your knowledge for something else. Think of an idea and develop it, in the long run itll pay off. Every one on digitalpoint is going to try to sell you this idea or that idea, but the best idea is some thing you have interest in.

If you have $1000 in your paypal, Im sure it didnt just appear there for free did it? Hopefully not, but if you worked or did some thing for that $1,000 do it again, and again, and again soon enough you will have thousands. In reality probably not, but keep at it I know you have the will.

superpump, Dec 23, 2008 IP
    meetgs likes this.
  13. internetmoneymakingguides

internetmoneymakingguides Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to invest wait till the markets get better. You may want to invest in a website or make your own. Don't use all you money if you make a website use half then if you need more use the rest.

14. meetgs

meetgs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice, everyone!

Wow, this thread is old but still relevant.
    superpump, you are right, I got that $1000 by creating a custom website/service. Especially what you said:

There is no shortcut. How true. Again, thank you. :)

meetgs, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  15. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating review sites where you do honest reviews of products as an affiliate is probably one of the easiest ways that I know of to make money.

Basically, you go to a marketplace like Clickbank, and find products that are selling well in "desperate buyer" niches, such as headache relief or spyware removal. Then you set up a site where you review the product and if you recommend it, you include your affiliate link.

The advantages of doing it this way is that by using "desperate" niches, the person who comes to your site looking for reviews of a product is already primed to buy because they have a problem that they want fixed quickly. Also, the fact that they're looking for a review makes it more likely that they're interested in buying a particular product (the one you're promoting) as opposed to just shopping around.

Once you've built your site, you can use basic free tactics (social bookmarking, article submission, etc.) to drive traffic to your site. Or, if you prefer, you can use paid methods like Google Adwords. If you're going to go the Adwords route, just make sure you know what you're doing so you don't waste money.

Hope that helps!

Hagen, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  16. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont have any suggestions but why not do both, if a proxy only costs $50 set up and makes $10 a day, make one and use the $950 on something else then you gte the best of both things.

lorddan01, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  17. Earning

Earning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Such a good thread!
    nice ideas...

Regarding proxies website, how to get traffic and how to restrict some traffic as one of the users said in this thread?

Earning, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  18. jacobbannier

jacobbannier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Set up your own hosting buisness. If you're from a far east country, selling server space would constitute as off-shore hosting which can make you a lot of $$$.

jacobbannier, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  19. Jordan656

Jordan656 Peon

Best Answers:
    dropshipping products is great. you dont pay anything until you have sold some and you can set up an online store with millions of products

Jordan656, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  20. iterationlabs

iterationlabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi meetgs. I think this is very doable. I make about $2000 / mo. here in the US from my sites, so your target sounds very reasonable. I didn't spend any money building my sites, just time. When you say you're technical, does this mean you program?

iterationlabs, Dec 24, 2008 IP