1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to increase position for a keyword in Youtube?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cincin, Dec 23, 2008.

My question is about Youtube's own search engine.

I have a video at youtube but the main niche of the video is included to the begining of the video title but it's a 3 letter and popular word. My video has good views number and rating but it's still shown in 5th page in the search result.

Does anyone knows a way to increase search position for a search term in youtube?

cincin, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  2. jamesanderson

jamesanderson Guest

Best Answers:
    Give video link in blogs and profiles like orkut ,facebook and bebo.that can help you..

jamesanderson, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  3. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I am writing an article on SEO for youtube, once I finished it, I will PM you the link or post it here. Right now, all I can say is this, for ranking

1. Ratings matters - get as many higher ratings as possible
    2. Description of video is very important
    3. Title (obviously) matters
    4. Number of Comments also count in ranking videos

I can't confirm this but people say, the age of uploader's profile also matter as well as his authority. For example, I can see lot of videos uploaded by universal (official) and they all rank very well because the user profile of universal studios has overall 19million views.

poseidon, Dec 23, 2008 IP
    zangief likes this.
  4. safi_982@hotmail.com

safi_982@hotmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your article and information. I was wondering how I can also promote my youtube video for traffic for my site..thanks I hope it will help me..

safi_982@hotmail.com, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  5. vincentc

vincentc Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe poseidon gave a great response but for driving traffic from your video back to your site, you should be using a "call to action" on your video with an annotation Youtubes new feature found under edit video just up in the top right something like - find out more here >>>> and in the description the first line should have your link to your site. Make sure you have the http:// in front of your link so that it is clickable too. For future videos tho I would put the call to action directly in the video.

vincentc, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  6. johnbelly

johnbelly Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many factor which affects for page rank like your title, content, keywords, commenting.

johnbelly, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Here is the SEO for Youtube Article as promised, hope it helps OP and others

poseidon, Jan 3, 2009 IP