1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New niche product, not yet on Amazon. What advantage in doing an Adword now?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by filskills, Dec 22, 2008.

There is a new niche physical product launching in January and it's not yet listed on Amazon UK. Searching for it on Google shows no adwords adverts for it. It will sell for 15 to 20 GBP.

I have an Amazon UK associate account so I was thinking to put up an adwords (PPC?) campaign for this new product, which when clicked lands on the amazon search results page for this product's name (with my tag in the URL). Would there be any advantage to being the first and only adword for this product? Considering the product isn't launched yet would I be throwing money away? An Amazon search for this product shows up similar products anyway.

filskills, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  2. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no point in promoting it IMO. You can however try and aim to start the campaign closer to the launch date.

OR Try to run a campaign and see if the users are buying something else, so you still get commission

godmode, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  3. Texture2000

Texture2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    for only 24 hr-cookies.
    It is not the good idea for run this campaign.

But for the very low bid. If you have 100 clicks at 0.1USD/click, it is the good idea like the above post.

Texture2000, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  4. alfredlee

alfredlee Peon

Best Answers:
    Register a 0.99 domain name (like .info) and put up a landing page (with contents relevant to the 'new niche' product), and then put up this AdWords Ad. Your quality score will certainly get higher. Hence, lower CPC.

alfredlee, Dec 24, 2008 IP